Permanent Rack threads on Ranger Roof?

Don B.

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So Rangerdanger, do you know of any updates on the Rhino tracks. I need to do exactly was you did.
I'm assuming you used a plusnut or something similar?
I was wondering about whether there was anything to hit there- side curtain airbags, wiring, etc.
I installed Yakima tracks on my Honda Pilot but set them just inboard of the black strip.
They are bomber but your install is even cleaner.
Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
So Rangerdanger, do you know of any updates on the Rhino tracks. I need to do exactly was you did.
I'm assuming you used a plusnut or something similar?
I was wondering about whether there was anything to hit there- side curtain airbags, wiring, etc.
I installed Yakima tracks on my Honda Pilot but set them just inboard of the black strip.
They are bomber but your install is even cleaner.
Thanks for any advice!
Don’t have any install info for you but the kit is available.
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/R...ino-Rack-Backbone-5-Base-Mounting-System.html

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
Considering adding one fixed point to the cab to go along with a topper rack system for longer loads like 18' canoes. Has anyone looked into this option from Yakima for a fixed roof mount? I did this with my fiberglass topper on my Tacoma but am a bit nervous drilling holes in the roof of the cab from a waterproofing perspective. A plus is when you don't need the cross bar you can easily remove and you're left with two small "caps" that I think would look fine.Overall installation looks easy enough. Thoughts?

https://www.yakima.com/landing-pad-7?_ga=2.123195084.670648903.1558562330-59395332.1557507470
I used those Yakima landing pads on my Dodge Dakota many years ago with the supplied blind fasteners and have carried canoes, kayaks, bikes, up there with no problems at all. The sealant they give you seems to work really well.

On my Durango, I went with roof rails and used Plusnuts to attach the rails and use the same crossbars/feet for both vehicles.

Waiting to see what others come up with before drilling into my Ranger. :)

DSCF2527.JPG

Measuring drill points.jpg

Installed plusnut.jpg

Rack top view.jpg
Sponsored