Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Will a ford performance tune void the warranty. I just dropped off my truck to have it looked at for the gas in the oil issue. I did put it back in stock mode before I took it to them.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Will a ford performance tune void the warranty. I just dropped off my truck to have it looked at for the gas in the oil issue. I did put it back in stock mode before I took it to them.

The FP tune doesn't void your warranty and carries the 3/36 from the factory. The only other that has a warranty is 5 star and the rest are use at your own risk.

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The FP tune doesn't void your warranty and carries the 3/36 from the factory. The only other that has a warranty is 5 star and the rest are use at your own risk.
Thanks for the reply. I've been told so many times that it does, will see.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks for the reply. I've been told so many times that it does, will see.
That's supposed to be one of their big selling points is that it retains the warranty. Otherwise why pay almost double the price for a tune with half the performance? Did you ever ask anyone at the dealership, would be nice to hear what they have to say.

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's supposed to be one of their big selling points is that it retains the warranty. Otherwise why pay almost double the price for a tune with half the performance? Did you ever ask anyone at the dealership, would be nice to hear what they have to say.
I just got off the phone with Ford Performance tech line and he said it shouldn't void the warranty but in my case since I installed the tune myself instead of having the dealer do it, that I might be schrewed

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
That is one of the reasons I didn't even consider the FP tune. I wasn't going to pay that kind of money for 1/2 the power of others. Everybody worries SO much about warranties with our Rangers. Well I bought the best comprehensive extended warranty, that wasn't a Ford warranty, that my dealer offered. It is a 5/125K with $100 deductible that covers pretty much everything. No warranty covers it all no matter what they say. I am tuned and have a few mods....I am not worried about my truck, it runs like it NEEDS to be pushed. I'm worried about all these folks in here that granny their Rangers and how that hurts it! Don't buy a performance motor and then drive like Ms Daisy!
So why all this WORRY? Folks...have you seen a bunch of folks talking about how they blew their motor up in here? That's because it rarely happens! Heck, we got ZincGT and a bunch of others running 85% ethanol in their Rangers...getting 325-350 HP with a stock motor (Just a fuel pump change and a tune) I don't hear them blowing up either.....relax everybody and live a little. Your not going to hurt your Ranger unless you do something silly....IMHO
Also, as far as I'm concerned, If you want a safe tune that does not come with a warranty, but treats your truck right...Livernois Motorsports. They do not tweak tunes for individuals or put out revisions because their product is rock solid and safe for your Ranger....IMHO

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
only if installed by them though correct??

seeing the OP went back to stock, im guessing it wasnt installed by Ford, therefore the extra 3/36 warranty doesnt apply, only the original drivetrain warranty.
Well I better hope that they don't check.. I've been installing tunes for years on my Shelby and this is such a simple tune to install just another way for them to make some money. Oh well!

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm more worried about the gas in the oil situation then a tune!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
1)the way anyone else drives their truck, or modifies it, is their business, including what you do with yours. Granny ranger drivers do not hurt their vehicle, thats just utter rubbish
2) there is a thing called a crystal ball...unless you have one, no one knows if anyone else is going to blow up their motors, tunes, or no tunes.
3) something silly, can be anything, including adding a tune.
relax, and live a little Miss Daisy
Sorry brother but when you post in here.....it's everybody's business! I believe I can express my opinion in here also, and that's all it is...MY opinion...probably not worth much, right? YOU...already know what I'm going to say about this, so if you don't like it....pass on by ;)
I did not know this was the SNOWFLAKE CHANNEL :question:

OP
OP
Extreme01

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Calm down boys, I didn't post this for people to knock down people..

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
i am far from a snowflake if you hadnt clued in already.
I surely did not call you anything...but you seem to not like what I said and made it personal from what I could tell. Not trying to stir it up with you RANGER PRIDE. I also did not call you or anyone else a "granny driver". My point was these engines are not your regular Buick motor, obviously you know that. My opinion is....and it's just my opinion...no one else...that if you don't drive these motors you might not get optimal results in the long run. Yes, I have no crystal ball, my motor could blow up today. Just know I do mean well if I get a little giddy in here sometimes....please forgive.
Sponsored