Passenger Seat Rattle-2019 Lariat.

Pas6469

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have had a slight, but annoying rattle, that I finally figured out where it was coming from. I had a friend drive, while I sat in the back, and listened. Inside the passengers seat, sounds like something metal is loose, and rattling. I would like to figure out how to remove the leather covering, so I can see inside the seat, and find out what the rattle is. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the leather, without screwing it up?? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a slight, but annoying rattle, that I finally figured out where it was coming from. I had a friend drive, while I sat in the back, and listened. Inside the passengers seat, sounds like something metal is loose, and rattling. I would like to figure out how to remove the leather covering, so I can see inside the seat, and find out what the rattle is. Does anyone have any idea how to remove the leather, without screwing it up?? Any help would be appreciated.
HI Paul,

This is covered in a TSB....take it to the dealer to fix.... I do not have the TSB number but if you search the forums you will find others with seat rattle...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I know it sounds funny, but check the seat belt buckle and make sure it's not twisted and resting against the B-pillar. I say this because without fail every single time that my wife rides in the truck and gets out she manages to flip the seat belt buckle around. This causes it to tap against the B-pillar and sounds like it's coming from the seat.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
I heard mine rattling yesterday. It turned out to be the headrest position. After adjusting it up and down, the rattle disappeared.

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
I know it sounds funny, but check the seat belt buckle and make sure it's not twisted and resting against the B-pillar. I say this because without fail every single time that my wife rides in the truck and gets out she manages to flip the seat belt buckle around. This causes it to tap against the B-pillar and sounds like it's coming from the seat.
Same thing happens in our truck. Every. Time. haha. So often, in fact, that checking the passenger seat belt is now one of my "checklist" items before I start the truck and drive away. haha

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
lol..

I usually forget till I hear it rattling and have to reach over and flip it back in place.

Grady

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4, 17 Subaru BRZ Yellow, 11 Evora
Occupation
Manager
I leave my passenger seat belt buckled. It always rattles agents the B pillar.

Reactions: Doc

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Don't have a seat rattle, yet. But, I've had the seat belt rattle in several cars. In the truck my wife, every time she's been in the truck, she has let the belt just slam back when she releases it. I finally snapped at her to "please don't do that!"

So, yeah, it happens.

Shelby American

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
My seat belt clip is rubbing against the side of the passenger seat causing the vibration. Only thing I can do is to buckle it.
Sponsored