Sponsored

P139C Code

emesel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
94
Reaction score
88
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I'm getting a P139C code with rough engine at low speeds. When I looked it up it says cracked hose or failed valve. Should I just assume it's the valve and replace it? Is it important to get OEM, or is something from Autozone ok (I usually buy OEM for things like brakes, etc)? Is it ok to drive in the meantime?
Thanks, Mark
Sponsored

 

RangerBill

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bob
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
1,843
Reaction score
2,585
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
I'm getting a P139C code with rough engine at low speeds. When I looked it up it says cracked hose or failed valve. Should I just assume it's the valve and replace it? Is it important to get OEM, or is something from Autozone ok (I usually buy OEM for things like brakes, etc)? Is it ok to drive in the meantime?
Thanks, Mark
From the shop manual:

P139C - EGR Sensor C Downstream Hose Off Or Plugged

Description:
At idle, the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) monitor commands the EGR valve closed and checks the differential pressure across the EGR tube orifice which should be zero to indicate the hoses are connected and not restricted. This DTC sets when the differential pressure indicated by the sensor exceeds a maximum threshold or falls below a minimum threshold. Possible Causes:
  • The downstream hose is disconnected
  • The downstream hose is restricted
  • Restricted or damaged EGR tube
Diagnostic Aids: Look for signs of water or icing in the hose. Verify the hose connection and routing. Check the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor for correct mounting and function.

Check for the proper connection of the hoses to the EGR DPFE sensor. It could be a bad EGR DFPE sensor. It is about $20 at RockAuto.
The Standard Motor Products is the OEM manufacturer.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...sion,egr+pressure+feedback+(dpfe)+sensor,5088

Here is a thread on the replacement procedure:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...mbly-replacement-write-up-lb5z-9j433-b.29247/
 
Last edited:
OP
OP

emesel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Threads
13
Messages
94
Reaction score
88
Location
New England
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks RangerBill!
I just bought from Rock Auto; I don't know why I frequently forget about them.
An FYI, I checked a discounted online OEM Ford source: it was $132 discounted from around $200, which included bracket, hoses and clamps, but, still really expensive.
Thanks again, Mark
Sponsored

 
 








Top