Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
About a month ago, I had an issue that exhibited the exact same traits as the issue I had about 20 min ago. It will drive fine until you get above 3500-4000 rpm's, then it bucks and stutters. The CEL came on, but after I coasted/babied it to a parking lot, it went away. Got home and checked it with my OBD2-MX and it was P0301. Last time when I took it to the dealer, they said it was a cracked sparkplug, but I forgot to ask what the code was. I will check when I bring it in.....again.

I found the thread that @SILK posted back in Oct 2020 and will ask if they could check the coil pack too.
Sponsored

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
About a month ago, I had an issue that exhibited the exact same traits as the issue I had about 20 min ago. It will drive fine until you get above 3500-4000 rpm's, then it bucks and stutters. The CEL came on, but after I coasted/babied it to a parking lot, it went away. Got home and checked it with my OBD2-MX and it was P0301. Last time when I took it to the dealer, they said it was a cracked sparkplug, but I forgot to ask what the code was. I will check when I bring it in.....again.

I found the thread that @SILK posted back in Oct 2020 and will ask if they could check the coil pack too.
Best of luck mate. FWIW, I haven’t had any issues since the coil was replaced.