Other hobbies and interests?

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some new bathroom shelves, they need more paint still but are hung on the wall. Storage in this old house is limited, so having a bit more space is always good. Hard to make stuff which fits with 1940, so I figured steel, simple & basic was best. We still have the original steel cabinets in the kitchen, steel is simple to work with & fits well enough with the original style.

BathShelves.jpg

House.JPG

Nice to have a vintage home in excellent condition, I love being retired!

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Current Hobbies?
Amateur Radio (Ham) Mostly 2/70 but soon into HF
Off Road Driving / Four Wheeling (No Rock Crawling)
Hiking / Camping
Tequila Aficionado / Collecting
RE-Learning German
RE-Learning Spanish
DIY Home Repair - Currently working on a "Speakeasy" in our home where the living room use to be.

I have a passion for C.E.R.T. and Community Preparedness but not currently active there since we relocated. Been waiting for the wife's knee replacement and my Valley Fever (fungal infection of the lungs - desert people will understand) to get better. Soon I should be re-entering that world.

Reading through all of the hobbies here I can say there area a lot of commonalities with former interests. Things I just haven't had time for lately:
Hunting
Fishing
Model Aircraft
Rockets
Photography (I still take pictures just with a cell phone, no more fancy gear)
Audio / Video Production
Wood working
Custom Knife Handles
RC Cars
Beer Making
Oil Painting
Martial Arts

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Current Hobbies?
Hiking / Camping
RE-Learning German
RE-Learning Spanish
DIY Home Repair - Currently working on a "Speakeasy" in our home where the living room use to be.

I have a passion for C.E.R.T. and Community Preparedness but not currently active there since we relocated. Been waiting for the wife's knee replacement and my Valley Fever (fungal infection of the lungs - desert people will understand) to get better. Soon I should be re-entering that world.

Reading through all of the hobbies here I can say there area a lot of commonalities with former interests. Things I just haven't had time for lately:
Hunting
Fishing
Model Aircraft
Rockets
Audio / Video Production
Wood working
Custom Knife Handles
RC Cars
Beer Making
Oil Painting
Martial Arts
N4BX

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Current Hobbies?
Hiking / Camping
RE-Learning German
RE-Learning Spanish

Hunting
Fishing
Model Aircraft
Rockets
Audio / Video Production
Wood working
Custom Knife Handles
RC Cars
Beer Making
Oil Painting
Martial Arts
Valley Fever is not fun. I never had it, but read lots about it when I was there.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Valley Fever is not fun. I never had it, but read lots about it when I was there.
Funny story...
In March I had Da 'Rona. They say that pulverized my immune system and allowed the valley fever to come back. They also gave me a lot of steroids over that time that really flatten your immune system too. No fault - we didn't know we were dealing with VF at the time.

Now I've taken a 6 week course of Fluconizole 200mg x2 a day. Beat the VF but that leaves your immune system flat still. And then the kid comes home from college - with Corona. So this will be my second ride through Covid land.

Still I think 2020 has been a bigger blessing than a disaster. You just can't let your spirits get down. We stay self isolated and don't venture out much, mask up when we do and stay conscious of people around us and use Lysol spray on things like the gas pump when we are done. Picking up to go orders is interesting. "Put the food on the ground in front of the truck and step away."

Now I'm about to go out and socially isolate in the desert with some 4wd therapy at least 1,000 meters in all directions from another soul.