First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Student / FedEx
Oh my...last I heard was a delivery date of the week of August 12th for mine...we will see...
When did you put your order in if you don’t mind me asking?

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works
I read somewhere on here that a lot of 2021 unbuilt orders would likely get changed to a 2022 model year and extended delivery date.
At this point I am actually hoping that this is true b/c by the time I get my 21' it may already be November or December 2021. Can you link us to where you read this info?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I read that there are rolling shutdowns at the Ranger/Bronco plant throughout July and August, anyone have anymore insight into this?
So far the only shutdowns were last week and the week of July 26th. There's a thread on this in the Bronco forum if you want to read further into it the link is below. I would just read the response from the OP on there as he has a lot of good inside info.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/just-in-map-shutting-down-weeks-of-7-5-and-7-26.18107/

Last edited:

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Bought my truck(super crew XL 4x4) back in November of 2020, the market was flooded with new trucks and I bought mine for 27,000 + TTL. I’ve driven it for almost 15,000 miles. Back in April the DFW area had some bad hail storms come through and my truck got caught in some of the worst of it. I just returned from my local dealer with a trade-in offer of 26,000 and I still have my insurance check to cover over 7 thousand dollars of damage. I haven’t fixed the damage. I’d get a near free warranty reset and be able to snag some missing options from my current truck like the rear locker, spray in bedliner, and the 101A package with cruise, power mirrors, etc. The order price of the new Ranger being 36,000 this is a substantial decision for me, a broke college student. I owe nothing on my truck currently, but don’t want a body shop cutting my roof off and putting in a new one. A few thousand dollars for an upgrade and reset back to 0 miles sounds like a good investment. Also my truck would get a clean record for resale value and what not. Someone let me know what a grown-up would do in my situation and in this crazy market we live in today.
MOVE- ON to the 2021 Ranger & DO NOT Look Back! Good Luck....Hale has always been my biggest fear....

OP
OP
LanoTX

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Student / FedEx
At this point I am actually hoping that this is true b/c by the time I get my 21' it may already be November or December 2021. Can you link us to where you read this info?
I thought I read it on this thread but I couldn’t find it. Been poking around a lot on the site recently lol. Sorry

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I posted something about : (not a fact, but was I was trying to think like a Ford Bean counter would)
But the bean counter would say "since nothing is changing on the 2022 rangers, lets just convert all the dealer stock orders to model year 2022, start building them 9/1/21 and charge $2000 more per vehicle"

OP
OP
LanoTX

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Student / FedEx
So far the only shutdowns were last week and the week of July 26th. There's a thread on this in the Bronco forum if you want to read further into it the link is below. I would just read the response from the OP on there as he has a lot of good inside info.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/just-in-map-shutting-down-weeks-of-7-5-and-7-26.18107/
Are microchips playing the only role in the delays? Is it the factory’s still recovering from covid shut downs?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Are microchips playing the only role in the delays? Is it the factory’s still recovering from covid shut downs?
As far as the Ranger I think so but I'm not positive. I haven't seen any other parts causing delays except the microchips. This was supposed to be back on track by the 3rd quarter but I haven't seen anything updated yet.

The Bronco has many parts constraints and the hardtop roof had been a nightmare. Many are switching to a soft top so they can get theirs sooner.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As far as the Ranger I think so but I'm not positive. I haven't seen any other parts causing delays except the microchips. This was supposed to be back on track by the 3rd quarter but I haven't seen anything updated yet.

The Bronco has many parts constraints and the hardtop roof had been a nightmare. Many are switching to a soft top so they can get theirs sooner.
So I just found this article and while it's for the F150 I'm sure they have been getting them for other vehicles too. The F150 being Fords money maker I can see why they're concentrating on it first.

Ford Replenishes Chip Supply, Finishes Thousands of F-150 Pickups

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36957874/ford-f-150-pickups-semiconductors-delivery/

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
OP
OP
LanoTX

LanoTX

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Student / FedEx
Update: put a deposit down today on a STX special edition in Alabama. Dealer loaner truck with 1500 miles. Headed out tomorrow night with a pit stop home in Fort Worth to pick it up. Might check the forecast before I leave. Just to be sure lol.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Update: put a deposit down today on a STX special edition in Alabama. Dealer loaner truck with 1500 miles. Headed out tomorrow night with a pit stop home in Fort Worth to pick it up. Might check the forecast before I leave. Just to be sure lol.
Well…if the past two weeks are anything to go by….you can expect a shower or two somewhere in Alabama. But I don’t think it’s a high chance of rain. Congrats on your new truck. Looking forward to seeing pics! :sun:
Sponsored