Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have 235/85 16 (32") on my truck, stock steel wheels and crash bars in place, there is still a ton of room.

I don't think you'll have any issues with 255/75 17 on stock wheels with the crash bars in place.

Also, IMO, narrower tires are better for offroading, I think your tire choice is great.
Narrower is better for snow as well.
Sponsored

Rangerado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pics?? Any rubbing on bumps or full turns??
The other two thread about tire size have the pictures. Someone just quoted the post in the “biggest tire size no lift” thread.

no rubbing at full lock or on bumps.

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have a maxtrac 2.5 leveling kit, factory sport wheels and want to do falken wildpeaks at3w 255/80r17. Is this possible with no further mods. I also came across a vid showing crash bar can be adjusted slightly .5-1 inch before considering trimming. Also, noticed a part next to the crash bar with screws that seems loose and may be removable and well. Anyone have insight? Want to get these tires done already. Hung up with this at the moment.

GSaff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL FX4; 2018 BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
I have a maxtrac 2.5 leveling kit, factory sport wheels and want to do falken wildpeaks at3w 255/80r17. Is this possible with no further mods. I also came across a vid showing crash bar can be adjusted slightly .5-1 inch before considering trimming. Also, noticed a part next to the crash bar with screws that seems loose and may be removable and well. Anyone have insight? Want to get these tires done already. Hung up with this at the moment.
Do it. I have the Rough Country 2.5" level kit with Toyo Open Country AT2 at 255/80R17. Plenty of room- no issues and no further mods.

IMG_7372.JPG

fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Do it. I have the Rough Country 2.5" level kit with Toyo Open Country AT2 at 255/80R17. Plenty of room- no issues and no further mods.

IMG_7372.JPG

fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg
I have a 4x2. Not sure if there is a difference stock with the 4x4 in the wheel well. After doing extensive research on the situation and the minimal amount modifications as possible and financially sound. I’m ready, i went to go order tires but they are back ordered. Still a little worried, but extremely hopeful. If I can get my hands on the tire, I will test fit before making it official.

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have a 4x2. Not sure if there is a difference stock with the 4x4 in the wheel well. After doing extensive research on the situation and the minimal amount modifications as possible and financially sound. I’m ready, i went to go order tires but they are back ordered. Still a little worried, but extremely hopeful. If I can get my hands on the tire, I will test fit before making it official.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the pics. Sweet ride! Want to be there with you. Did they adjust the crash-bar or remove a small plastic piece on the front of the bar right in front of the wheel?
8E354860-68BD-4110-8808-067232315606.jpeg

61D68E1D-BCD7-4C38-A049-0A19243F0E9B.jpeg

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Check the if there is is a loose plastic right in front of wheel with two screws in it(first pic).
See if the crash-bar piece looks flush or still has a Small gap(second pic and new pic showing a gap on the right of that triangle or right angle piece with the top screws on it).

8FADABA6-8FC2-47B3-9B8A-803CB6A98A33.jpeg

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Check the if there is is a loose plastic right in front of wheel with two screws in it(first pic).
See if the crash-bar piece looks flush or still has a Small gap(second pic and new pic showing a gap on the right of that triangle or right angle piece with the top screws on it).

8FADABA6-8FC2-47B3-9B8A-803CB6A98A33.jpeg
By any chance, is there a way you can get a pic of how close the top of the inside side of the wheel is to a piece that has come as a possible by of concern.

C70193F9-8859-4678-9F71-6019099CF9DD.jpeg

B2EEFA08-7995-41FF-9119-EE18DBD29A57.jpeg

GSaff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
JoJo, Everything is intact (crash bars, plastic, etc.) and looks like your pics only filthy. Below is a shot of what I think you were looking for. Truck has seen some pretty rough country over the summer- no issues whatsoever.

IMG_7637.JPG

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4, Technology, Tow, 6ft Bed
Occupation
Photographer

IMG_7372.JPG

fullsizeoutput_96.jpeg
Awesome thanks for sharing! This is exactly the tire setup and height I am leaning towards. How is the mpg change? Those Toyos at 33” are load E and only 50 pounds! Only 5 more pounds than the stock Hankooks. Really great to hear you didn’t need to change up or move crash bars too. Even at full lock and compressed, there’s no rub?! I love the look of those magnetic wheels. If you get time I’m interested in how you like the tires and how the mpgs with that setup has been for ya. Thanks!

GSaff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Not really sure what the mpg is as I never recalibrated the speedo/odometer from stock other than in my head. Highway mileage (65 mph) shows 23-24mpg but not sure which way that is off with the taller tires. The dealer had the lift/tires already done when I bought the truck. The Toyo's are ok although the rubber compound is hard. Good for longevity - less good for ice and packed snow. They are however doing fine and I'm finding their winter limits. It's an XL and I did find a deal on the wheels and swapped them out. Had I done the tires myself I'd have mounted Cooper ST Maxx in the same size. I always do extra siping for winter conditions here and it makes a huge difference. You're in or near the Wasatch so likely same conditions? Feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I really wanted to go with the 255/80 but decided to get the 255/75 Duratrac. Selling the other tires for 450 so that helps a little. I’ll post pics when it’s done in a few.

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Do you have a head in shot of the tires on the truck. Wondering how they look width wise.
Sponsored