Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Did you mean to say that it's functioned properly just 75% of its time in service?
That's unacceptable, how long have you been waiting?
Could the trade war with China possibly be the cause of your wait?
No, it's been broken most of the time. The dealer tried to change the battery and it worked for a couple of weeks. A service bulletin came out saying that there are some faulty units and not to try to change the battery, just replace it. I don't know how much of the delay is the dealer messing up the order and how much is Ford not fulfilling it. Honestly I haven't been pestering them because I've been out of town a lot.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
What bout using the FordPass app to lock/unlock and leaving your keys in the truck. Do you feel that is reliable? (Of course you need your phone + signal)

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
What bout using the FordPass app to lock/unlock and leaving your keys in the truck. Do you feel that is reliable? (Of course you need your phone + signal)
Keys cannot be in the cab in order to lock the door, key in the bed works

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Won't work in my situation:
Electronic device + water = broken device
Will go with Redlands suggestion, seems to be the most logical and economical solution

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Keys cannot be in the cab in order to lock the door, key in the bed works
I have locked my fob in my Lariat and used the ford pass app to unlock the doors.

Seaaggie

First Name
Orrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Edge / 19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Yeah I gotta say - for the $$$ I put down and time spent waiting for my custom build Lariat 4x4, I'm underwhelmed with the optional key code remote entry I included from the factory. As stated in a post above, it looks hokey and un-integrated like it was a total after thought. My mother-in-law bought a 2019 Escape today that is probably as close to a base-model as you can get and it has integrated key code entry vertically in the B-post door panel (granted the Escape's vertical trim is smooth gloss where the Ranger's is a textured matte) but still - for a vehicle that cost less than HALF of mine I think I'm at least a little justified in being unimpressed with this aspect of the Ranger! (everything else though is on point for what I was expecting so far)

Ran Door 1.jpg

Ran Door 2.jpg

Ran Door 3.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I wouldn't expect the ranger to have a signal in the boonies, even if my phone does. (Again, the choice of at&t is annoying.)

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it. Some guys have relocated it, like to inside the fuel filler door. I painted mine and it looks a lot better. It is a very underrated feature of Fords in general.

26B0B588-9630-4247-95DE-8C047947A931.jpeg
Excellent idea. Mine has been inop since day 1 (didn't come with the code, and the master code that the dealer pulls using it's IDS software doesn't work) so a replacement has been on back order since the day I took delivery back in June. At some point, it'll show up... but I'll have them paint it to match prior to putting it on.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Yeah I gotta say - for the $$$ I put down and time spent waiting for my custom build Lariat 4x4, I'm underwhelmed with the optional key code remote entry I included from the factory. As stated in a post above, it looks hokey and un-integrated like it was a total after thought. My mother-in-law bought a 2019 Escape today that is probably as close to a base-model as you can get and it has integrated key code entry vertically in the B-post door panel (granted the Escape's vertical trim is smooth gloss where the Ranger's is a textured matte) but still - for a vehicle that cost less than HALF of mine I think I'm at least a little justified in being unimpressed with this aspect of the Ranger! (everything else though is on point for what I was expecting so far)

Ran Door 1.jpg

Ran Door 2.jpg

Ran Door 3.jpg

Here's another one for ya... The B-Pillar is just a black sticker, there's white paint under yours, and no provisions for electronics required for an integrated keypad.

My guess is time to market, and deadlines dictated the stick on option.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
What about mounting the keypad vertically on the black door pillar?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I have one for sale! See my add in Member Market Place!
Sponsored