Option packages differences & questions

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
The Lariat may not "cater to my every desire," but I like what it offers.

Funny how what seems non-essential can become important once you use it.

Adaptive cruise is a LOT less tiring on long trips, particularly on 4-lane freeways with trucks often moving into the fast lane to pass. I used the rain-sensing wipers the other day and was surprised how useful they are...same with the auto-dimming headlights on mountain roads.

Personally I wouldn't have a Ford 4x4 without the FX4 package. No matter how experienced you are, you can't adjust braking for individual wheels like the system can...instantly. You can always turn it off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I think Lariat's the way to go for me. My Jeep has pampered me too much to go back to a more basic feature set. That being said I think it's pretty badass someone could get an XL with FX4.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Some additional perspective on the FOB and push button start. I have this on my Fiesta and it's not as great as you think. First it's a pain to remember where you put the FOB since you never have to look at it. So it's easy to leave in your pocket when you change clothes. Yeah it's nice to push the button on the door handle to unlock but if it's not locked you have a wait a bit to unlock it again. And it's rather big lump in your pocket so people might think you like them more than you do ;). And you can't leave it in your car and lock the door or hide it on the outside, which is great to do when you go out jogging or whatever and you have the keyless entry. Much better than hiding the key in the gas door, under the fender or all the other obvious places.

Also FYI on the FOB. You don't have to keep the button pushed until it starts, just punch it and it will crank as need to start. That's actually the same with the key too.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Some additional perspective on the FOB and push button start. I have this on my Fiesta and it's not as great as you think. First it's a pain to remember where you put the FOB since you never have to look at it. So it's easy to leave in your pocket when you change clothes.
I never, ever forget whether the ranger key is my pocket. That thing is insanely oversized. :eek:

Yeah it's nice to push the button on the door handle to unlock but if it's not locked you have a wait a bit to unlock it again.
You don't push a button on the handle to unlock, you just pull the handle (or more specfically, grab it like you're going to pull).

And you can't leave it in your car and lock the door or hide it on the outside, which is great to do when you go out jogging or whatever and you have the keyless entry.
Yes you can--the keypad lock works fine with the key inside, and a key in the center console box won't activate keyless entry outside.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
That's a bit different than my Fiesta which is what I was describing. Good to know.
Sponsored