Sponsored

old ranger love

Msfitoy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sid
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Threads
67
Messages
9,234
Reaction score
28,612
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
NWO Robot Polisher
Vehicle Showcase
1
That gives "appreciation" a whole new meaning...both in terms of beauty and value...how much was this when it was bought new?
 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,107
Reaction score
43,492
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Here's my '89 4x4 that I never should have sold.

Swapped in a 4.0 and M5OD.

I also swapped in a set of matching seats from a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (they bolted right in!)

It was a terrific truck that I never should've sold.

5spoke.jpg
 


MXGOLF

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Threads
41
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
5,867
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4-2007 Yamaha FZ6 and Sammy my 2026 Maverick
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Yep...that was current model when I hired into Ford!:inlove:
WOW Phil, Good to know you are still around!!! How's the Misses and Tito?? We do miss you here on this great forum!
 
OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
My first ranger memory was when the new - new then - ranger was not the courier and I was thinking hmm is it a ford is a Mazda. They looked a lot better than the Japanese trucks at the time .
 
OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
That gives "appreciation" a whole new meaning...both in terms of beauty and value...how much was this when it was bought new?
i bet phill knows. its gotta be low 5 digits like 14k.
I was impressed with the inside the most on the little red one. still has working tape deck from factory :)
 

RangerTX

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
276
Reaction score
1,086
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I had a 94 that had a single composite leaf spring for the rear. That f'n thing was a death trap.
 

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 6, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
5,894
Location
Saugus
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I've had a 88 and 93 Ranger, I had to buy the 93 with a auto because the left knee went out and all I owned was a stick shift.

That 93 with the 4.0L went 240K without hardly a single problem, even the Bridgestone Desert Duelers on it went almost 70K, it was a great truck.
 
 








Top