Official Ford Next Gen Range Video

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Purchasing the 3rd year of the 6G Ranger sounds about right. They will hopefully have worked the bugs out by then. After that its all about the bean counters getting in there and seeing what they can remove from the truck to maximize profits.
3rd year? Try second year, maybe late production first year before they start ripping stuff out. Ford seems to be trying to build a reputation where you can't buy a first year because of quality control issues, and you don't want to buy a later year because they've nickle and dimed it.

my thought is you have to ask yourself "what is missing from the current year that a new year might have." also are prices going to stabilize (I personally don't think they are going to fall much if at all) or are they just going to get higher and higher.
See above. Far more likely that stuff will continue to disappear rather than new features being added, until the next-gen. That said, trying to predict what prices and availability will do at this time is a sucker's game.
Sponsored

Yaegerbomb89

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Occupation
Software
my thought is you have to ask yourself "what is missing from the current year that a new year might have." also are prices going to stabilize (I personally don't think they are going to fall much if at all) or are they just going to get higher and higher.
That’s pretty much my thoughts as well. I’m sure the 6gen ranger will have a much nicer interior, but I’m afraid it will be priced closer to the Bronco for a nice one. Right now the Tremor is under $50k, but to get a loaded bronco with Lux and Sasquatch it’s about $55k any way you build it. I don’t really want to pay that for a ranger or a bronco honestly. My thoughts are just get one now.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure this is the first time buying from them but so far those who have received their Broncos have had great reviews. No hidden fees or bs, exactly what they offered. The dealer is Granger Ford in IA so you could always call them up and ask them. They're a family business and also have a Jeep dealership next door.
I spend some time on the Mustang 6G forum. Many folks there are buying from Granger. Their revues are always very positive. They are making similar deals on Mustang Mach 1s, while many other dealers are tacking on dealer mark ups. They also have been giving people firm quotes on them. They know that some customers will take that quote and use it to help bargain at the local dealer. They know that happens and they are OK with it!

here is a link.

Granger Ford: Jay is a customer service beast!

My Ranger was "A" plan and I had already made the deal on my Mach 1 for less than MSRP before I learned about Granger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I spend some time on the Mustang 6G forum. Many folks there are buying from Granger. Their revues are always very positive. They are making similar deals on Mustang Mach 1s, while many other dealers are tacking on dealer mark ups. They also have been giving people firm quotes on them. They know that some customers will take that quote and use it to help bargain at the local dealer. They know that happens and they are OK with it!

here is a link.

Granger Ford: Jay is a customer service beast!

My Ranger was "A" plan and I had already made the deal on my Mach 1 for less than MSRP before I learned about Granger.
That's great to know Greg. I'm sure your price was very close and you didn't have to travel to get it which is a bonus. Before I ordered with Grainer I had heard on the B6G forum that they have Donne the same with the F150 and that forum. had very positive reviews too. It's great business practice and sure they're out of the way for me but we will make a vacation out of it with the money we saved.

Everyone here in AZ is at msrp or more and are not even will to deal and not just on vehicles either. We started looking at travel trailers for a potential future purchase. The dealers here are WAY above msrp and use the old scare tactic that "if you don't buy now costs are going up". Sure they are but even in 2-3 years I can find a dealer out of state selling below your prices today.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
That's great to know Greg. I'm sure your price was very close and you didn't have to travel to get it which is a bonus. Before I ordered with Grainer I had heard on the B6G forum that they have Donne the same with the F150 and that forum. had very positive reviews too. It's great business practice and sure they're out of the way for me but we will make a vacation out of it with the money we saved.

Everyone here in AZ is at msrp or more and are not even will to deal and not just on vehicles either. We started looking at travel trailers for a potential future purchase. The dealers here are WAY above msrp and use the old scare tactic that "if you don't buy now costs are going up". Sure they are but even in 2-3 years I can find a dealer out of state selling below your prices today.
I could have saved some $$ at Granger. But I didn't know about them when I ordered. I would have used up some of that money traveling to pick it up or having it shipped. I will say that there is some advantage to buying local. It is just a matter of how much the money saved vs the extra effort to buy out of town is worth. Since my deal was below MSRP on a car that most dealers were asking ADM, I have no regrets, and I love the car. I love the Ranger too, they are vastly different vehicles for different uses. :)

This is from the Mustang forum and explains Grangers thinking. Zach is up front about dealer hold backs and the fact that dealers actually end up paying below invoice. He has also posted about price increases that happen between ordering and delivery. The dealer gets reimbursed for that, so the customer should not be paying it. I can see why he may not win any popularity contests at dealer meetings.:crackup: Even at a break even price, buying from an honest car dealer would be a good thing.

1631312180818.png

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
That’s pretty much my thoughts as well. I’m sure the 6gen ranger will have a much nicer interior, but I’m afraid it will be priced closer to the Bronco for a nice one. Right now the Tremor is under $50k, but to get a loaded bronco with Lux and Sasquatch it’s about $55k any way you build it. I don’t really want to pay that for a ranger or a bronco honestly. My thoughts are just get one now.
I hear you!! I am sick from looking at trucks and thier prices. I don't know if I can or will ever buy new again. Used right now is an over inflated hard NO also! If Farley has his way, Ford is going to more of a customer ordering system like they are using now on new releases, Bronco, Maverick, Lightning etc. To keep dealer inventories down and incentives (like today's screwed up world) basically non existent. Honestly, it never made sense to me why manufacturers bloat prices only to offer lucrative incentives, especially year end. If they offer a manufacturer rebate of $7,500 on F-150's per say, every 6th truck they sell was basically zero profit as they are eating $45k in rebates over the 6 sales. However, I don't see this working for Ford unless GM and Ram go to it also. Car buying is very spontaneous to a lot of people. I don't think I would have ordered and waited on any vehicle I've ever owned. (I'm not likely going thru with my Bronco and if I do, I'm going base 2 door for $30,500 as opposed to my original $40,500 build.) And really, I personally want to take a nice test drive, kick the tires and feel good about what I'm about to buy. If I can go to Ram, Chevy GMC etc and walk a lot full of trucks (compared to Farely's plan for Ford dealers) and drive a few of them and maybe negotiate a little, Ford is losing a customer for sure.

Sure glad I have my G5. A slightly smaller F150 is not my cup of tea. IF i wanted a big looking truck I would have bought one.
I don't think the Ranger is growing much if any. Nissan actually kept the Frontier the same size, which was a good thing IMHO.

Reactions: Doc

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I love that little 2.7, but I don't get all the excitement about it over the 2.3.
The 2.3 is a well developed engine and was chosen over the 2.7 for the Mustang.
I think it was the right choice.
Considering the "Twin Turbo" comments. The extra Turbo is simply the result of having an extra head to feed. The power is roughly equivalent to the 2.3 which runs about 40% fewer moving parts.
If the V6 configuration and the "2.7L" fender badge are the major considerations then I think the enthusiasm is somewhat understandable (but misplaced) IMO.
The I-4 and its firing order prove to be a natural for that brilliantly designed twin scroll single turbo.
Both great engines, but really.... its a matter of " four of one and a half a dozen of the other".

A;so I have the STX and just LOVE the interior, it is attractive, durable, and comfortable.
One strange thing though.... They didn't match the front seat's contrasting stitching on the rear seats??
The interior is easy to maintain and mine has shown absolutely no wear so far.
Bottom line? They really out did themselves with this truck and it would take an awful effort to replace it with something better, (style notwithstanding.)

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Curious what y’all think about ordering a ranger right now. I did the mustang club of America membership last month, so 90 days would put me at about Nov 29th for X-plan. At this point, should I wait for the details on the 2022 to come out? I know the 6gen is late 2022, but I’m wondering if they will have any updates for the 5th gen 2022 model. I was hoping the 2022 details might come out sep/oct time frame.
Make sure you talk to your dealer about X-plan. They are under no obligation to accept X-plan pricing.

Yaegerbomb89

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Occupation
Software
Make sure you talk to your dealer about X-plan. They are under no obligation to accept X-plan pricing.
Ya, I talked to them about it. They said they would honor x-plan on Ranger. I told them I couldn’t get X-plan till Nov 29th, and he said I better order now then. His opinion was I wouldn’t see it till after the new year anyways.

I actually talk to them pretty often because I have the earliest bronco reservation at that lot, but no build date. Recently got my email about getting pushed to 2022 because of the hard top. I hope I don’t regret backing out of the bronco for a ranger, but I would prob have a lot of fun in a tremor too. Plus, who doesn’t need a truck?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Ya, I talked to them about it. They said they would honor x-plan on Ranger. I told them I couldn’t get X-plan till Nov 29th, and he said I better order now then. His opinion was I wouldn’t see it till after the new year anyways.

I actually talk to them pretty often because I have the earliest bronco reservation at that lot, but no build date. Recently got my email about getting pushed to 2022 because of the hard top. I hope I don’t regret backing out of the bronco for a ranger, but I would prob have a lot of fun in a tremor too. Plus, who doesn’t need a truck?
I absolutely love everything about my 2019 Ranger. I waited a long time for it and am in it for the long haul. I also love the way it looks (rear end & all)! In my opinion, it’s the best-looking truck out there and I’ve had zero problems so far. 35,000 very enjoyable miles & smiles. :)
Sponsored