First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I guess I'm in the minority that was completely turned off by the ad? The ability to drift is simply not on my list of things I look for in a pickup. It's nothing but "feelings" advertising, with nothing of substance. I get that a lot of advertising is done like that, but I'm certainly not going to get excited about it.
I'm in the minority with you then.
First thing I thought of was "that driver is good at drifting...a skill I hope not to have to use in my truck"
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There's no way the production 6g will drift that.

My 5g shuts down the fun at 1/4 of the angle he was getting. I've yet to try sand mode which supposedly disable RSC, though. Regardless, there's no way the next Ranger will have less nannys.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

My 5g shuts down the fun at 1/4 of the angle he was getting. I've yet to try sand mode which supposedly disable RSC, though. Regardless, there's no way the next Ranger will have less nannys.
More than likely they will use the same GOAT modes as the Bronco. It wouldn't make sense to have two different terrain modes when they're both coming off the line together. I think we'll see a lot of similarities between them for cost cutting purposes too. It would be smart as then they can manage the line better/faster and order one batch from a supplier rather than multiple ones. With all the parts constraints this could help production.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
More than likely they will use the same GOAT modes as the Bronco. It wouldn't make sense to have two different terrain modes when they're both coming off the line together. I think we'll see a lot of similarities between them for cost cutting purposes too. It would be smart as then they can manage the line better/faster and order one batch from a supplier rather than multiple ones. With all the parts constraints this could help production.
Fore sure. That's pretty much the point of sharing the platform. There will definitely be a lot of shared tech/options. I just don't expect the next production Ranger to be able to get down like the video. Ranger Raptor? Perhaps.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The new Ranger will certainly be exciting, so is the new Maverick.

Unfortunately I love my 5G STX Supercab enough for the long run.
Same is true for my Transit Connect...And my Mustang.
My Pinto is sorta permanently on deck, so it will take a lot to sell me on a new truck for some years yet....

Hmmmm.. Maybe if they came out with a real street 2WD performance handling sport version strictly for pavement!
Nahhh, more likely an electric utility truck (HO-HUM)
Good thing I got some good ones when I did!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Depending on what the NextGen Ranger looks like, it's features, options and, of course price, I may be persuaded to sell my 2020 Lariat S/Cab 4x2 and order a nexgen, here's the actual miles on it...I've owned it for 19 months. Should be able to get a decent price on it.

20210901_120944.jpg

Last edited:

rental_car

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
CEO
I'd love a green ranger.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired

turn off sport trac-or whatever it's called- by holding down the slip control buton for 5 seconds and the light flashes on on the dash. I can drift no problem but I drive like an ass sometimes

Depending on what the NextGen Ranger looks like, it's features, options and, of course price, I may be persuaded to sell my 2020 Lariat S/Cab 4x2 and order a nexgen, here's the actual miles on it...I've owned it for 19 months. Should be able to get a decent price on it.

20210901_120944.jpg
because there isn't anywhere to drive in horrible Oahu traffic. that's what I don't miss from that island I won't even get going on my tiny apartment that was $1050 a month almost 20 years ago

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
turn off sport trac-or whatever it's called- by holding down the slip control buton for 5 seconds and the light flashes on on the dash. I can drift no problem but I drive like an ass sometimes

because there isn't anywhere to drive in horrible Oahu traffic. that's what I don't miss from that island I won't even get going on my tiny apartment that was $1050 a month almost 20 years ago
Indeed, Oahu traffic is horrendous, couple this with imbecilic women drivers of a certain asian background who can barely see over the steering wheel of their BMW or Mercedes SUV/Crossover and you have a recipe for disaster.

My daily driver is a decrepit looking '02 Honda CR-V, the Ranger stays at home, under a car cover. I fitted a circa 1970 Cadillac 4 note horn system onto the Honda, I don't use it often, but when I do it certainly gets the attention of errant drivers. The factory "weep-weep" horn just don't cut it...

$1050 rent 20 years ago? you DON'T want to know what that rent is now...

Attachments

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Ford sure is good at making videos. lol When I saw the first one for the Bronco I was hooked! Now with all the delays and problems they're having with the hart tops I'll be lucky to see mine two years after placing my order. Not 100% of the problems were covid and parts constraints either so there's plenty to blame on Ford for this mess. I guess I'll get more excited when they're actually produced and on dealers lots.

Not trying to be a downer here but this whole Bronco launch has been a disaster. It's not their first one either, the Explorer was a disaster too and that was PRE-covid. I know these are pre-production but I sure hope they're not trying to make this look like a baby F150. :puke:
Very cool video, and the truck looks great. I was wondering where the video was filmed until the kangaroo hopped across the road! And yeah, Ford is good at making these. I wanted a Ranger from the first time I saw the video where they put one up on a hill somewhere, crank the guitars, and then the truck flashes all of the possible trims and models, sort of like on the Transformer movies! After that, all I needed to do was get in one in the dealer's showroom to make sure I could sit in the driver's seat and not bump the roof!

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Now I wanna go drift my ranger in the snow lol
I'm done with northern snow, but I won't mind drifting on a field of Florida snow…
IMG_4AD9C72EB3AB-1.jpeg

Yep, that's what we call that weed.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed, Oahu traffic is horrendous, couple this with imbecilic women drivers of a certain asian background who can barely see over the steering wheel of their BMW or Mercedes SUV/Crossover and you have a recipe for disaster.

My daily driver is a decrepit looking '02 Honda CR-V, the Ranger stays at home, under a car cover. I fitted a circa 1970 Cadillac 4 note horn system onto the Honda, I don't use it often, but when I do it certainly gets the attention of errant drivers. The factory "weep-weep" horn just don't cut it...

$1050 rent 20 years ago? you DON'T want to know what that rent is now...
I've always changed the horns on my wife's Hondas. That Meep Meep horn just gets you the finger at most. But that regular horn gets their attention especially when you just hold it down. I wanted to put an air horn on it but at several hundred dollars, the regular will work.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've always changed the horns on my wife's Hondas. That Meep Meep horn just gets you the finger at most. But that regular horn gets their attention especially when you just hold it down. I wanted to put an air horn on it but at several hundred dollars, the regular will work.
My gf has a Honda Civic so I know what you mean. When she hits the horn I tell her it sounds like someone strangling a chicken. lol
Sponsored