First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
as soon as the chip shortage is over (predicted in 60 days they say) the bottom is going to fall out on high offers...if you are looking to trade or sell you had better do it soon.
With all the raw material shortages, the chip shortages are going to last a lot longer than 60 days. Heck I remember them saying it should only last a year and that was 2 years ago. Unfortunately this isn't going away anytime soon.

I posted this in another thread:

The Ukraine produces about half of the Neon which are important components in the production of electronic chips. WIth the war going on this has forced the two supply firms over there to close down.

https://www.thedailystar.net/toggle...uction-limited-due-russia-ukraine-war-2985381
Ukrainian neon supply firms Ingas and Cryoin have recently closed down following the continued attack on Ukraine from Russia.

According to reports, Ukraine alone produces half of the world's neon, which are important components in the production of electronic chips. Reports further suggest that there have been threats to raise prices and aggravate the semiconductor shortage as well.

Some 45% to 54% of the world's semiconductor-grade neon, critical for the lasers used to make chips, comes from two Ukrainian companies, Ingas and Cryoin, according to Reuters calculations based on figures from the companies and market research firm Techcet. Global neon consumption for chip production reached about 540 metric tons last year, Techcet estimates.

Both firms have shuttered their operations, according to company representatives contacted by Reuters, as Russian troops have escalated their attacks on cities throughout Ukraine, killing civilians and destroying key infrastructure.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
With all the raw material shortages, the chip shortages are going to last a lot longer than 60 days. Heck I remember them saying it should only last a year and that was 2 years ago. Unfortunately this isn't going away anytime soon.

I posted this in another thread:

The Ukraine produces about half of the Neon which are important components in the production of electronic chips. WIth the war going on this has forced the two supply firms over there to close down.

https://www.thedailystar.net/toggle...uction-limited-due-russia-ukraine-war-2985381
Dave
We'll see what happens, I am not convinced that anyone is being wholly upfront about anything anymore. I'm relying on some dealer friends insider info that Ford and a few other brands all say they are very close to chip production, or perhaps an alternate source.
I do know the used vehicle shortage drove prices way up, some of my dealer friends know there is more money in selling pre-owned than new, but risk is the factor. Getting stuck with outdated cars is worse than low inventory. If they can get the chips like they say, there will be a decline as people are wanting their new rides!
Just my 2 cents

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
The Autonation dealerships I peruse online have a toggle to show what's actually on the lot and it can range from 1 vehicle to like 14. I have noticed some have more than others which is kind of odd. I'm thinking the dealers that sell for MSRP or slightly below are the ones that can't keep the cars on their lots- but that's just speculation.
Yeah .. a few of the dealerships have this too.. we showed up at one and pointed on our phone we wanted to see this one, … sales guy had no idea what I was talking about. Said he hadn’t seen that one and even went in and asked GM… apparently they are just trying to get people in .. and then up or down sell people to what they want.

Here in San Diego it’s nothing or basic stuff that a normal person would never want. Lol.

Natelawson

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Technician
Just traded in the wifes 2018 Ford Eacape S ( base model) for 16k that we got at the end of 2020(for 16500) put on 30k miles. Got a used Toyota Highlander as we needed the space for our family.
Sponsored