Off-Road Suspension Heads - Get In Here Please!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the Eibach Protruck lift on my 2019 Ranger set to 3.75" up front (it sits about 3.5" higher with the weight of the stuff on the front of the truck). I know this is a lot of lift for an IFS but it has been working out pretty nicely off road. I do have a diff. drop kit for the front to help with the angles though, as I don't want to risk tearing up my CVs.

My question has to do with the rear of the truck and how articulation may effect the angles up front. I'm considering aftermarket bump-stops (Icons maybe?) to help get a little more articulation out my rear axle. My concern though is that it may cause issues with angles up front when negotiating over obstacles. But, I have already been at full droop up front (I know this because she lifts a tire easy with the IFS). So, are there any concerns?
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Increasing your rear articulation (if possible) will not negatively affect the front suspension. More rear articulation may assist in keeping a front wheel on or closer to the ground. Increasing rear articulation will not hurt any front components though.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Increasing your rear articulation (if possible) will not negatively affect the front suspension. More rear articulation may assist in keeping a front wheel on or closer to the ground. Increasing rear articulation will not hurt any front components though.
That's what I was hoping. I hit my rear bump stops way to early.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can also change to the Tremor or any of the various multi leafs and use Raptor bump stops with the locator tabs ground off.
I forgot to mention - I'm running factory rear leafs with an add-a-leaf installed.
Sponsored