Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
IT Guy
Hey Guys,
I have an odd issue with my 2020 Ranger. All the controls on the steering wheel, including the blinkers and wipers, have stopped working. Except for the wipers on full speed. The buttons are lighted up at night but I cannot use them at all. No blinkers. No high beams. Nada. Anybody ever see this? Any ideas?
Thanks!
Erik
Sponsored

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,
I have an odd issue with my 2020 Ranger. All the controls on the steering wheel, including the blinkers and wipers, have stopped working. Except for the wipers on full speed. The buttons are lighted up at night but I cannot use them at all. No blinkers. No high beams. Nada. Anybody ever see this? Any ideas?
Thanks!
Erik
Hi Erik,

Not likely the Clock Spring. It is more likely in the column below the IP...check the connectors in the foot well if you have the skill set or take it to the dealer....

Best,
Phil

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Check fuses. Those items are tired into the body control module but I’ve seen them go out with an ignition switch failing (20 years ago)

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Fuse #13 (Interior Fuse Box on the BCM) - Feeds the Steering Colum Control Module, Instrument Cluster, and Gateway Module - It is a 7.5-amp fuse - Feeds power to all items you have out
The reason wipers still work in High is due to it is on a separate circuit fuse 30A
If fuse is good, then wiring issue or Bad Steering Colum Control Module or Clockspring

Last edited:
OP
OP

erikf

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Guy
Fuse #13 (Interior Fuse Box on the BCM) - Feeds the Steering Colum Control Module, Instrument Cluster, and Gateway Module - It is a 7.5-amp fuse - Feeds power to all items you have out
The reason wipers still work in High is due to it is on a separate circuit fuse 30A
If fuse is good, then wiring issue or Bad Steering Colum Control Module or Clockspring
Thanks, I had high hopes when I read this, but the fuse is good. Going to take one more look at things, then I think it's going to the dealership. :(

OP
OP

erikf

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Guy
Well, she's been at the dealer for about 3 weeks, took a week just to get them to look at it with the current backup in their shop. Turns out I had a "very bad" rodent infestation. I had noticed that something was eating the battery cover and got one of those ultrasonic repellent devices but I guess the damage had already been done. Looks like they're replacing a couple wiring harnesses and some insulation and the engine cover. I had to get insurance involved cause they said it's going to run into the 1000's... :( I still haven't seen the final parts list but everything was supposed to get ordered today and hopefully be in sometime next week.

I guess it seems kind of obvious, but if you're not using your vehicle every day, you should at least go out and start it or at least make sure some critter hasn't moved in. The joys of living out in the country I guess. But an expensive less for an old guy.

Thanks for everybody's input.
Erik
Sponsored