Early Stages of Ranger Shopping! Question on 4x4 vs FX4!

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you install a Class III or IV hitch and a brake controller you can tow 7500 lbs. There is nothing in the tow package that increases the tow limit.
Geez man you had me panicking a little! Yes sir I will be installing a Class III hitch. I have a boat on a single axle trailer to tow.
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Geez man you had me panicking a little! Yes sir I will be installing a Class III hitch. I have a boat on a single axle trailer to tow.
Sorry man :like:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
As long as you install a Class III or IV hitch and a brake controller you can tow 7500 lbs. There is nothing in the tow package that increases the tow limit.
You also don't need a brake controller if the trailer has surge brakes.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
You'll be fine with an add-on tow package. I hope everything works out for you!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Was it hard to peel off? Did you have to use heat to soften it? I am thinking about removing my sticker as well. Thanks.
I am not Nick, but I peeled off my FX4 stickers. Just blast it with a hair dryer and peel it off slowly, focusing the hot air on the point where the sticker is separating from the body. They will come off fully and cleanly. I like the cleaner look. Helpful hint: wear gloves, it gets pretty hot!

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Was it hard to peel off? Did you have to use heat to soften it? I am thinking about removing my sticker as well. Thanks.
I didn't use anything, I started by pulling up a corner with my fingernail then slowly peeling back the rest. No issues, no chemicals, no leftover residue.

OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the purchase, let the mods begin.....
Ha! Funny story here...

I have a 2014 Mustang GT, and I've modded the hell out of it. I love that car. My wife, not so much. She is most unhappy about the money that has gone into modding it.
nc_ohc=KWgcMrHVeycAX-Fyuh_&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=tvm-KVZnN3EAX9zU3xm&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=Xzq40CBojKwAX8uA9a5&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

So we're sitting in the dealer's lot after the test drive of the Ranger, and I'm scrolling through the menu options and fooling around with the thing, and my wife reached over, shut off the motor, and took the key out of the ignition; all to get my attention. "Please. Please. If you buy this truck, please don't buy a bunch of accessories for it. Please!"

HAHAHAHA
So far I've kept it really light; Draw-Tite hitch, rear seat sling/seat cover for our German Shepherd Dog, and replacement caps for the bedliner.

MY ULTIMATE DREAMS FOR THIS TRUCK:
-Old Man Emu suspension
-larger, more aggressive tire
-ARB winch bumper and winch
-lighting
-bad rack system OR hard tonneau cover

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
That list will keep growing, I say i'm done and I find more mods I want.
Me: I bought a sweet new truck and it's pretty much perfect. Probably add a hitch receiver at some point, but that's it.

Me, like 5 minutes later: I wonder if there's any good organizers available for the center console? Ebay says yes!

Me, next day: You know what would be nice? A tonneau cover.

Me, after a week of taking daughter to school: Some running boards would help the wife and kids climb in.

Me, first time hauling stuff to the dump: Well I scuffed the bed. I guess I'll send a quote request to Line-X.

Me, upon hearing that the stimulus bill passed: *peruses various threads on this forum* Gotta do my part to stimulate the economy!

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Me: I bought a sweet new truck and it's pretty much perfect. Probably add a hitch receiver at some point, but that's it.

Me, like 5 minutes later: I wonder if there's any good organizers available for the center console? Ebay says yes!

Me, next day: You know what would be nice? A tonneau cover.

Me, after a week of taking daughter to school: Some running boards would help the wife and kids climb in.

Me, first time hauling stuff to the dump: Well I scuffed the bed. I guess I'll send a quote request to Line-X.

Me, upon hearing that the stimulus bill passed: *peruses various threads on this forum* Gotta do my part to stimulate the economy!
My truck isn't even built yet and I'm already doing that. Took a tape measure to the dealer to get the exact dimensions of the truck bed from one they had on the lot. Walked around looking at F150's and superduty's. Too damn big. Ranger is just right. There were a couple Black Widow F150's, or maybe F250's on the lot. Nice trucks, but for $80k they better be. The one parked by the road is unlocked, still. It was unlocked 6 weeks ago when I ordered my truck too.