NO windshield frame or covering for a finished look.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I didn't notice this right away on mine till I washed it! I like the look of this!
Sponsored

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhh another Ranger/Mustang owner - she looks pretty from what I can see - hereā€™s my better half

FDE8C612-0B91-4759-BAFA-2F89131EC848.jpeg
My '69 Torino has that as well

chrome.JPG
This post made me think about ā€˜Framesā€™. I cut myself off from googling further, but getting rid of the old standby, the frame, has been a global, cross cultural and cross product design effort. From shower doors, glasses, tvā€™s, phones, cabinets and of course our passion that is trucks (here) and the design impact on them.

I still use a lisence plate frame as I think it gives a clean look to the license plate. On vehicles, I like metallic frames such as chrome as opposed to the dreaded black plastic frames. Before detailing, I apply painters tape over all the plastic parts as I donā€™t want to get whatever material I am using on the paint on the black plastic frames or trim. It is a ball buster to get the white hue off the plastic pieces. Even when I lie to myself and say, I will be careful and wonā€™t touch the plastic areas, I will get a brain freeze and do just that.

It seems that frames are going the way of the gasoline engine and manual transmission. The new gt500 doesnā€™t even have a manual option..... whaaaaaaaaaat?

Last edited:

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
This is not yet another later model cost cut, my 2015 Aus spec is the same, doesn't really worry me one way or another, makes replacement easier and neater, it was often hard to get those old chrome or aluminum trims off without marking them, and even harder to get them back on neatly.
One thing though as someone said earlier, leaves and rubbish does get trapped in there and is not always easy to wash out. I even went out one morning a few months ago to find a gecko nestling in there!
He must have clung on all the way to the train station! That is a 15 Kilometer trip at mostly 100 km/hr (62 mph)
Sponsored