Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It is better than humidity. Some days it's tough to deal with like when you get up and it's already 90 at 4:30 am you know it's going to be a long hot day.

But I do remember those humid days at my parents house in FL. You'd get those afternoon thunderstorms and it was like walking into a sauna with your cloths on.
I'm gonna bet that Doc (@Doc) and I can tell you about midnight heat with high humidity at some far east location LOL! Swore I'd never be that hot again...Gotta say Texas in the summer around Houston/Galveston runs a real close second though ??
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm gonna bet that Doc (@Doc) and I can tell you about midnight heat with high humidity at some far east location LOL! Swore I'd never be that hot again...Gotta say Texas in the summer around Houston/Galveston runs a real close second though ??
I've spent my share of time down in FL, they had their house for about 20 years. I owned 4 lots (1 waterfront) in South Gulf Cove in Port Charlotte and sold them all because I realized I couldn't deal with the humidity. I sometimes wish I kept the waterfront lot as I've always wanted to live on the water but I also realize I hate feeling like I just took a shower with all my cloths on. lol

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, FL too, but I was thinking closer to China ;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, FL too, but I was thinking closer to China ;)

My brain obviously wasn't getting it the first time. lol When you said Doc I was just thinking of him living in FL. :facepalm:

Bmoose

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sport Trac
Count me in the camp of definitely want the Moonroof in either a package or option. I've had them in Fords since 91 and never had a leak issue. I understand others not so fortunate. For my money that is one place it will be spent. And though I still haven't jumped in the purchase pool, this has been a waiting factor for me. The other, putting something larger than a 2.3l to actually tow something... Always said I wouldn't ever own another vehicle without one... My Sport Trac is getting close to the end of its useful life. Maverick not an option for me.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Well you have to actually have rain for it to leak ?..

Joking aside in Houston Texas we get on average of nearly 50 inches ( 1,264 mm) of rain annually compared to you guys with only 12-16 inches ( 300-400mm). The sunroof drains here work overtime and can easily get overwhelmed if the sunroof glass seal allows excessive amounts of water past as in the case of my 2008 VW GTI.
I lived near there for a few years, and I had a car (bought new) with leakage problems that didn't even have a sunroof! It never leaked before living in TX. That's about the same time my wife had a sunroof in her jeep. and guess what, it leaked, too.

the amount of pine pollen that drops from the trees in springtime will clog little drain holes on much of anything in short order, too.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
The spy photos I’ve seen appear to show the 22 is still the same cab/doors we have now with maybe an updated front end and bedsides. So don’t expect too many changes or new options.

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
Gov Abbott has just announced that the new border wall will now be built around Houston. Beltway 8 is the line. Those living within will need to purchase a monthly permit to cross over into the rest of TX. :rockon: :party:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
And though I still haven't jumped in the purchase pool, this has been a waiting factor for me. The other, putting something larger than a 2.3l to actually tow something...
Umm, have you driven a Ranger? Let alone towed with one?

The Ranger is at the top of the midsized class for both towing and payload. The engine is not the limiting factor for the Ranger, the physical size of the truck is.

If you think a Ranger is incapable currently to tow your stuff, what you need is not a bigger engine, you need a bigger truck.

a572mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 1958 Cessna 182
Occupation
Airport Engineer
I have a long list of things that I hate about Tacomas, and the mandatory packaging of sunroofs with leather/heated seats is near the top of that list (especially since it makes the already shitty headroom even worse). I've owned 4 vehicles that have had them, and never had any leaking problems, but I rarely ever open them. I just hate paying extra for one to get other options I want when I won't use it. Hopefully, Ford won't go down that road with the 6th Gen.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
2022 Tundra gets powered sun roof and rear window.

Yes indeed, the 2022 Tundra's rear glass will open for maximum airflow as this type of function becomes increasingly uncommon in new vehicles. In addition to the power rear window, at least some form of the Tundra will boast a massive panoramic sunroof.

AAM6Uag.jpg

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
I wouldn't mind if they made it optional and didn't force it upon you with certain packages. The last thing I want here is more sun beating down on me. Besides most are destine to leak and have issues down the road but I can see the appeal for some.
Right. I had three cars with moonroofs and I kept them shut 99.99% of the time.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
2022 Tundra gets powered sun roof and rear window.

Yes indeed, the 2022 Tundra's rear glass will open for maximum airflow as this type of function becomes increasingly uncommon in new vehicles. In addition to the power rear window, at least some form of the Tundra will boast a massive panoramic sunroof.

AAM6Uag.jpg
But you still get the same shitty truck to sport this feature. What gives! ?
Sponsored