No Haggling Strategy for Ford's EVs in 2024

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Gotta wonder what dealerships think of this plan along with the investment dealers will be required to be allowed to sell Ford EVs . Sounds like Mr Farley is really really intent on mirroring Tesla's market strategy. 2024 ain't that far away. Apologies in advance if it's offensive to reference an article from green car reports :) Maybe Farley should only be CEO of the model E unit and bring back that cabinet guy for the legacy ICE unit.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ail&utm_term=0_7e18d5fd93-1a0db1905c-54846000
Sponsored

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Gotta wonder what dealerships think of this plan along with the investment dealers will be required to be allowed to sell Ford EVs . Sounds like Mr Farley is really really intent on mirroring Tesla's market strategy. 2024 ain't that far away. Apologies in advance if it's offensive to reference an article from green car reports :) Maybe Farley should only be CEO of the model E unit and bring back that cabinet guy for the legacy ICE unit.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ail&utm_term=0_7e18d5fd93-1a0db1905c-54846000
It almost TRIGGERED me ???

interesting Times ahead that’s for sure

Azhang253

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'm personally not against EV's and I like the no-haggle approach. I've always hated that part of car buying. Wouldn't mind leasing an EV Maverick when it comes out (I have plenty of ICE vehicles for longer trips).

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
When I hear a dealer advertise 'no haggle pricing', I immediately think it's overpriced and they don't want to make a deal, like, this is the price, take it or leave it. The mantra 'you are already getting the lowest price' is full of ?

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
When I hear a dealer advertise 'no haggle pricing', I immediately think it's overpriced and they don't want to make a deal, like, this is the price, take it or leave it. The mantra 'you are already getting the lowest price' is full of ?
I mean, if no haggling includes give me the actual trade value, if we agree that is KBB or whomever, then quite possibly it could be fair...

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I mean, if no haggling includes give me the actual trade value, if we agree that is KBB or whomever, then quite possibly it could be fair...
no haggling often refers to the selling price of the new car. haggling over used vehicle is still done at such places.

even KBB gives used cars a range of value based on conditions.

personally I stopped buying used cars a long time ago. never saw the value. sure deprecation sucks, but that only matters if you drive it off the lot and get in an accident a month later. if you drive it for at least 50% of your loan term limit then you are probably break even anyways.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Earlier this year we purchased a nearly-new (around 4k miles on it) 2021 Leaf with the bigger battery for my wife from CarMax. Their whole mantra is no-haggle, and the price was the price. Period.

This made financing simple, there were no surprises, and we actually paid a reasonable price for the vehicle. Did I get a great deal? No, not really ... but I also didn't over-pay for the vehicle. The purchase process was relatively fast and easy, and she loves the car. I love not paying for gas for it, and that there is hardly any maintenance required (cabin air filter, tires, brakes, windshield washer fluid... that's about it!)

Next time I'm looking for a car, I'll be looking for full electric - but I plan to keep an ice truck in the fleet for longer road trips and playing in the back country.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I haggled mine down a few grand. The trick was bringing offers from other dealers in and not caring too much about specifics like color. I could have went with the red truck too. He left and came back with a better price and said he would give me more for my trade in as well.

I think I got a great price but it also could have been one of those scenes where he goes into the manager's office and talks football for five minutes, then comes back over and says "OK here's the absolute BEST we can do". I think no-haggle is a two-edged sword.