First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Project Manager
I decided to grab a set of these Wranglers after reading up on various specs - according to the tire shop I work with, I'll have to rotate more often (every 3-5K miles instead of 6-7K miles). I'm getting them installed tomorrow. Does anyone here have experience with these tires, or have other info I should be aware of?
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I decided to grab a set of these Wranglers after reading up on various specs - according to the tire shop I work with, I'll have to rotate more often (every 3-5K miles instead of 6-7K miles). I'm getting them installed tomorrow. Does anyone here have experience with these tires, or have other info I should be aware of?
our trucks at work have these. We have had pretty good luck with them, although it is mostly highway driving.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Went on a trip to North Georgia last month with a buddy in a Grand Cherokee trailhawk that had these tires. We did the usual tame overlanding stuff like Charlie's Creek, but we also hit up Beasley Knob just to check out the Jeep badge of honor stuff. I was rolling in my brother's lifted wrangler on K02s. Ranger was out of commission at the time.

Overall, they were very comfortable on the road and perfectly adequate for many of the routes popular amongst the overlanding crowd. Not so good if you get into any kind of slick clay/mud, but that's typical for most ATs. The Hankook ATMs seem to do a better job in this regard. The K02s I was using on this trip were a bit better, but had similar issues with the slick clay. I think only an MT would do well there.

Over all I was impressed with them and think they are a great choice for an AT if road tripping is your thing. Only drawbacks are the high price and relatively tame tread. I'd like better off road traction for what these things cost.

OP
OP

Danzona

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Project Manager
our trucks at work have these. We have had pretty good luck with them, although it is mostly highway driving.
That's mostly going to be me as well - probably 75% highway driving. But, I eventually will be towing a trailer, and wanted something good for rolling up dirt trails to dispersed camping sites up on the Mogollon Rim in Arizona, and out to the Pagosa Springs and Colorado Springs areas in Colorado.

OP
OP

Danzona

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Went on a trip to North Georgia last month with a buddy in a Grand Cherokee trailhawk that had these tires. We did the usual tame overlanding stuff like Charlie's Creek, but we also hit up Beasley Knob just to check out the Jeep badge of honor stuff. I was rolling in my brother's lifted wrangler on K02s. Ranger was out of commission at the time.

Overall, they were very comfortable on the road and perfectly adequate for many of the routes popular amongst the overlanding crowd. Not so good if you get into any kind of slick clay/mud, but that's typical for most ATs. The Hankook ATMs seem to do a better job in this regard. The K02s I was using on this trip were a bit better, but had similar issues with the slick clay. I think only an MT would do well there.

Over all I was impressed with them and think they are a great choice for an AT if road tripping is your thing. Only drawbacks are the high price and relatively tame tread. I'd like better off road traction for what these things cost.
Cool - see my reply to Bob, above, sounds like these will work well for what I'm going to be doing.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I think these are OEM on the Tacoma TRD Off Road, or used to be. FWIW.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Put simple just do the rotate when you change the oil. I did that every 5,000 and never had any issues with the tires I ran

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I had them on my last truck, rotated every other oil change and never had an issue. Great tires. Rotated at 10k. However when I get an alignment i tell the guy within spec not to the road. I dont care of it wanders I want perfect tire wear.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
They came stock on my 2015 Colorado. Rotated every 5k miles and were worn out by 30k miles. Even when new, wet traction was poor.

OP
OP

Danzona

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Project Manager
When I got to my tire dealer, I found out that the 265/65R17s were way more expensive - he had quoted me on the 255/65R17s. I went with the 255s and I already notice a much better ride - smoother and firmer. So far, so good. Hoping for a little boost in mileage as well.

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Ran through several sets on my 02 F150 for 16 years. I really didn’t have an issue with them - good on road and reasonable for a bit of light off road driving / forestry road stuff (I don’t really off road myself). Was going to replace the OEM tires on the ranger with a set these when the time comes
Sponsored