First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Much thanks everybody. This seems like a great community to be a part of. And it didn't cost me anything. Oh, wait.:giggle:
Report back in 6 months. ? ?
Sponsored

Palibouss

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Looking to mod my new daily driver.

Added Ford performance fox 2.0, raptor wheels, Ko2 tires, Ford performance exhaust and raptor grill.

on the way bora 1.25 spacers, K&N cai just released a few weeks ago went with that over roush, pedal commander.

Next on list downpipe, intercooler with charge pipes waiting on mishimoto dyno results before I preorder, turbo smart valve, BBK 2.3 throttle body waiting on confirmation if itā€™ll fit ranger. After that will dyno then adding livernois tuning found out they wrote the Ford performance tune.

Have a machine fabrication shop custom make me a roll bar. Will post when done. Gonna resemble the roush chase rack w/grab handles and mounts for light also will be compatible with bed cover.

0A61101B-7815-488B-803E-52D02BA73FB0.jpeg
2A6DC495-DA50-4591-8CB6-326A31B905AB.jpeg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Added Ford performance fox 2.0, raptor wheels, Ko2 tires, Ford performance exhaust and raptor grill.

on the way bora 1.25 spacers, K&N cai just released a few weeks ago went with that over roush, pedal commander.

Next on list downpipe, intercooler with charge pipes waiting on mishimoto dyno results before I preorder, turbo smart valve, BBK 2.3 throttle body waiting on confirmation if itā€™ll fit ranger. After that will dyno then adding livernois tuning found out they wrote the Ford performance tune.

Have a machine fabrication shop custom make me a roll bar. Will post when done. Gonna resemble the roush chase rack w/grab handles and mounts for light also will be compatible with bed cover.

Welcome Tony, beautiful Ranger. Go big, or go home, right bud. :)

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military

Very nice. What do you think on the K&N CAI? Looks similar to the others on the market and about the same price. What made you decide on that one?
Brian

Palibouss

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Very nice. What do you think on the K&N CAI? Looks similar to the others on the market and about the same price. What made you decide on that one?
Brian
Hey I struggled going back and forth but after reading that mishimoto only advertises up to 6hp gain, roush is 8 tq no hp gain and K&N is 14hp and when I called their office they said tq was 16 so I decided to go with K&N bc of that and their reputation. When I install I will do dyno and let you know.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Hey I struggled going back and forth but after reading that mishimoto only advertises up to 6hp gain, roush is 8 tq no hp gain and K&N is 14hp and when I called their office they said tq was 16 so I decided to go with K&N bc of that and their reputation. When I install I will do dyno and let you know.
Outstanding, thanks for the feedback. They donā€™t give any Dyno info on their website.
Iā€™ll be curious what you find out.
Is that your only engine/exhaust mod?
Brian

Palibouss

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Outstanding, thanks for the feedback. They donā€™t give any Dyno info on their website.
Iā€™ll be curious what you find out.
Is that your only engine/exhaust mod?
Brian
Yw. I added a tune for my Audi, did exhaust work and new air filters, has 3.0 turbo 6 went from 340 hp & 380 tq to 415 hp 460tq. This ranger is my first engine mod. Goal is to have around 320ish hp. Do you have any mods on your?

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Thank you for the info on the CAI.
Those are some impressive numbers.
I have an AWE cat back on my Ranger and while they are pricey I am very happy with the sound and slight increase in HP.
I have a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with a 2.7 twin turbo V-6 with a Steeda CAI giving it about 340 hp and 390 ftlbtq.
Very fun car as it replaced a 2013 Focus ST that had numerous mods.
Brian

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Good day folks!

May as well introduce myself. Bought a 2020 Scab XLT, FX4, 302A, towing pkg on the 21st. I was looking online but only a few scabs so I went to a dealer to see what he could find. $5k off so I we bought.
I've been reading this site for well over a year now & familiar with issues that pop up.
- Tires, well, I have the Hankook(3 peak/snow flake) & so far not too impressed.
- Gas millage - 18mpg so far, but at 400km I'll have to wait till I hit 1,500km to see'
the proper consumption.
- Gas in oil, need to check.
- Tire pressure - 38, truck says 38. Feels like a truck but quite soft.

This is part 1 of retirement plan, next is a trailer, smallest with a W/C in it. Then travel...

I love this truck. I had 2 other 90's Rangers but neither for long as the first got stolen(they found the culprits), the next I sold as I started working from home.
That was 20 yrs ago, so it's been a long time since I drove a rwd in the snow.

Great site, good group, lots of good info & thank you to all knowledgeable people
for your time.

IMG_1099[1].JPG

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Hello all, Iā€™m new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been pretty much obsessed with the 5th Gen Ranger since itā€™s development phase before it was available in foreign markets, let alone NA market. My current daily driver is an ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. Itā€™s been a great truck but after almost 19 years, Iā€™m ready for something new. I owned a ā€˜94 XLT supercab Ranger before the F-150 and loved that truck until I sold it. Those jump seats in the extended cab just wouldnā€™t cut it with child seats and thatā€™s why I moved up to the F-150 to begin with. As nice as the F-150 are, they have grown too big and expensive and are more truck than I need or want. I love the current Ranger and especially with the Tremor package coming in 2021, but the lack of a SuperCrew with a long bed configuration (6ā€™ bed) halts any future purchase. Hopefully the next gen will check all of my boxes?

With the Maverick slotting in below the Ranger, I could see the next gen gain an inch or two in a few dimensions to better split the difference between the Maverick and F-150. Who knows, maybe a SuperCrew with a long bed will be part of that plan? Ford is the only body on frame midsize lacking a crewcab/longbed configuration and Iā€™m sure they are missing out on some of the market share because of this literal shortcoming. I know, because Iā€™m one of those hold outs.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Hello all, Iā€™m new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been pretty much obsessed with the 5th Gen Ranger since itā€™s development phase before it was available in foreign markets, let alone NA market. My current daily driver is an ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. Itā€™s been a great truck but after almost 19 years, Iā€™m ready for something new. I owned a ā€˜94 XLT supercab Ranger before the F-150 and loved that truck until I sold it. Those jump seats in the extended cab just wouldnā€™t cut it with child seats and thatā€™s why I moved up to the F-150 to begin with. As nice as the F-150 are, they have grown too big and expensive and are more truck than I need or want. I love the current Ranger and especially with the Tremor package coming in 2021, but the lack of a SuperCrew with a long bed configuration (6ā€™ bed) halts any future purchase. Hopefully the next gen will check all of my boxes?

With the Maverick slotting in below the Ranger, I could see the next gen gain an inch or two in a few dimensions to better split the difference between the Maverick and F-150. Who knows, maybe a SuperCrew with a long bed will be part of that plan? Ford is the only body on frame midsize lacking a crewcab/longbed configuration and Iā€™m sure they are missing out on some of the market share because of this literal shortcoming. I know, because Iā€™m one of those hold outs.
Well said an extra foot would be nice.
Brian
Sponsored