New Members Introduce Yourself!

BOT_ROCKET

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, 1990 Mustang Lx 5.0 5sp
I'm not sure where you got that info. I leased mine. 3 year Ford Credit Lease.
I mean they have the "money factor" jacked up so high that leasing is not an appealing option. When the first Ranger hit Omaha, I went in to check it out. Then, and last I checked about two weeks ago, the rates were terrible. If you don't mind my asking, what are your payments?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I mean they have the "money factor" jacked up so high that leasing is not an appealing option. When the first Ranger hit Omaha, I went in to check it out. Then, and last I checked about two weeks ago, the rates were terrible. If you don't mind my asking, what are your payments?
I'm only paying $195/month, but I put 10k down, plus the rebates and incentives and the XPlan, plus I got the dealer to chip in a little extra off. It is a fully loaded Lariat - MSRP of about 44k. My cost was about 40k. I was pretty happy with that cost. My intent is to purchase at the end of the lease.

BOT_ROCKET

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm only paying $195/month, but I put 10k down, plus the rebates and incentives and the XPlan, plus I got the dealer to chip in a little extra off. It is a fully loaded Lariat - MSRP of about 44k. My cost was about 40k. I was pretty happy with that cost. My intent is to purchase at the end of the lease.
Sounds like you got a helluva lot better deal than anything I could get around here. The dealers here flat out told me that I don't want to lease the ranger right now.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you got a helluva lot better deal than anything I could get around here. The dealers here flat out told me that I don't want to lease the ranger right now.
I had a REALLY hard time finding a dealer that wanted to work with me on an order for this truck. I ended up buying from a dealer about an hour away - a friend of mine used to work there and introduced me to the GM - it made things a LOT easier. I wish they were closer - I really liked the dealer. Easiest closing on a car I've ever done. I probably talked with 10 dealers in the area and most weren't really interested in discussing it with me. I always thought that was weird - a guaranteed sale - even though it was 4 months in the future.

BOT_ROCKET

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a REALLY hard time finding a dealer that wanted to work with me on an order for this truck. I ended up buying from a dealer about an hour away - a friend of mine used to work there and introduced me to the GM - it made things a LOT easier. I wish they were closer - I really liked the dealer. Easiest closing on a car I've ever done. I probably talked with 10 dealers in the area and most weren't really interested in discussing it with me. I always thought that was weird - a guaranteed sale - even though it was 4 months in the future.
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Makes me wonder if I should have been a bit more patient in my search. I like the Taco, but good god does it feel gutless after getting accustomed to the power band of an Ecoboost. You really have to stick your foot in a Tacoma to get to the power. The Ranger vs Tacoma discussion is something for another sub, though. o7

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Makes me wonder if I should have been a bit more patient in my search. I like the Taco, but good god does it feel gutless after getting accustomed to the power band of an Ecoboost. You really have to stick your foot in a Tacoma to get to the power. The Ranger vs Tacoma discussion is something for another sub, though. o7
When deciding what to buy, I test drove the Taco and yes, it is pathetic - especially compared to the Ranger. Not only is is gutless, the weird hunting for gears in the transmission was very odd. There were some things I liked about the Taco, but that engine and trans combo was one of the worst driving experiences I've ever had. It was just weird.

I'm really happy with my Ranger. I spent WAY too much time analyzing different vehicles and even which trim level to buy. I have no buyer remorse at all. This is one of the best new vehicle purchases I've ever made.

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
10k down ? My feeling on leases is that I put as little money down as possible.
I bought my RANGER. like many of us here,,, I just love it.
I do lease other vehicles... I figure I would rather put low down payment. In fact, nothing at all. Pay higher monthly
My own personal reason is that if a the vehicle is a total loss. For example; accident ,, you are out 10k. Total loss.
I wish you nothing but the best. Everyone has different reasons, and different ways for doing things. I’m just sharing my thoughts...
Enjoy the ride....

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
10k down ? My feeling on leases is that I put as little money down as possible.
I bought my RANGER. like many of us here,,, I just love it.
I do lease other vehicles... I figure I would rather put low down payment. In fact, nothing at all. Pay higher monthly
My own personal reason is that if a the vehicle is a total loss. For example; accident ,, you are out 10k. Total loss.
I wish you nothing but the best. Everyone has different reasons, and different ways for doing things. I’m just sharing my thoughts...
Enjoy the ride....
I honestly had not considered that possibility. For me, it was a way of having lower monthly payments until the lease is up at which point I will be purchasing the truck. My wife's car will be paid off by then. Really is just a way of extending the financing for the vehicle. That is how I did my last Ranger too.

Gcoop81

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2012 ,Toyota Prius C
Hello all!
About to join the ranger family,
Names Greg , and I’m from Canada,just waiting on some paperwork and will be going to pick her up in a couple days.
Took her for a test drive yesterday and was very impressed.

I’m getting a 2019
Hot pepper red xlt with
302a , sport Appearance Package
Tech package
Tow package
FX4 Package

Currently driving a 2012 Toyota Prius C so I’m getting my man card back :p
(saying all that I really do love that little car lol) just needing something bigger as we have a newborn and something for work.

79D81471-58BF-4EE7-9975-F324B7002E54.jpeg

F03E70E3-B50C-4394-912C-9B88C14F6090.jpeg

3F4905D0-1599-4E53-A2AD-55A3E0095AB2.jpeg

Dennis Panella

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat 2019 Lighting Blue
Hello New member Dennis here...

Well my Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 package with all all the tech packages should be arriving the week of May 12th. Its lighting blue, with the Tan Interior. I am looking forward to getting this truck. My very first truck, was a 1988 Ranger what I called a rubber may special and was used as a service truck. I ran that truck into the ground and was over 180K miles before I sold it for an F150.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hello New member Dennis here...

Well my Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 package with all all the tech packages should be arriving the week of May 12th. Its lighting blue, with the Tan Interior. I am looking forward to getting this truck. My very first truck, was a 1988 Ranger what I called a rubber may special and was used as a service truck. I ran that truck into the ground and was over 180K miles before I sold it for an F150.
Welcome!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all!
About to join the ranger family,
Names Greg , and I’m from Canada,just waiting on some paperwork and will be going to pick her up in a couple days.
Took her for a test drive yesterday and was very impressed.

I’m getting a 2019
Hot pepper red xlt with
302a , sport Appearance Package
Tech package
Tow package
FX4 Package

Currently driving a 2012 Toyota Prius C so I’m getting my man card back :p
(saying all that I really do love that little car lol) just needing something bigger as we have a newborn and something for work.

79D81471-58BF-4EE7-9975-F324B7002E54.jpeg

F03E70E3-B50C-4394-912C-9B88C14F6090.jpeg

3F4905D0-1599-4E53-A2AD-55A3E0095AB2.jpeg
Don't knock the Prius (had one for awhile too), it gets great gas mileage for a commuter car. But like you it's great to have a Ranger too!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Hello fellow Ranger's. This is my first post here. I ordered my Ranger 1 month ago. It will be :
An XLT, Super Crew, Lightning Blue, with Medium Stone interior, 302A with Sport package, tow package, locking differential and spray in bed liner.

Gcoop81

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2012 ,Toyota Prius C
Don't knock the Prius (had one for awhile too), it gets great gas mileage for a commuter car. But like you it's great to have a Ranger too!
I’ve had it since 2012 and have not had a single problem with it yet , and I do love spending $30 A month on gas lol

Got a call from ford today
All is good, I’m getting them to tint it and do the undercoatingect, I pick up the truck on Friday ! :)
Can’t wait!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, everybody! This is Marc from Delaware, and I just ordered a well-loaded Lariat in "Lightening Blue" with extended cab, 4X4, Off-road, black appearance package, B&O sound and every other tech feature that is offered, etc. Basically, I wanted to get everything on it from the get-go and avoid the time and expense of after-market improvements. I just plan to use it for my daily ride and occasional vacation trips locally. I probably will never take it off-road, but it is nice to know that one has the capacity just in case: winter weather, potholes, obstacles, etc. My current ride is a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited with the naturally aspirated 6. We have been very happy with it except for poor mileage (17.8 combined average) and the low clearance: the front end even gets caught in parking lots, which is annoying. I have driven an F-150 and loved it, but as an urban resident with a tiny garage, it is just not practical for us. We are scheduled for a late-August delivery, which, from what I read in the Forum, may be a bit optimistic. I am grateful to all the Forum members who have reported their experiences with their new vehicles, as I had had some concerns about ride quality, mileage, etc., and you have for the most part put those to rest.
Sponsored