Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're here. Tell us more about yourself, as I'm new here too. Bounced over here from Facebook. I have a special interest in Ford 'history'.

bfe8a1ab7d2bf1c47adfa345cf6e25df.jpg
Wait until you find out we have our own resident expert in the history of the Ranger - only because he’s a retired engineer/exec who’s pretty much responsible for the first 4 generations. Keep reading threads and you’ll soon run into several posts from Phil. Enjoy.

You’re going to love his back stories!
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Wait until you find out we have our own resident expert in the history of the Ranger - only because he’s a retired engineer/exec who’s pretty much responsible for the first 4 generations. Keep reading threads and you’ll soon run into several posts from Phil. Enjoy.

You’re going to love his back stories!
Looking forward to the dissertations as I'm driving my 4th new Ranger since 1988 - my 1st 4 cyl Ranger to boot. Have been very happy with them all. My 1988 SWB 2.9L was in the family for 13+ years (181k miles) until trading up to a 2001 super cab 4.0L 2wd. Then came the 2006 super cab 4.0L 4wd. Lariat has been in the family since May, 2019. Has been a very good road to travel!

Last edited:

I.M. Gadget

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Hello from the Sunny Okanagan BC.
This is my first mid-sized truck, been an F150 guy for years. I love my Ranger. It's the first vehicle I've owned that I've upgraded/customized. Everything else was bought stock, driven stock and sold stock.

Upgrades so far:
Tires and wheels (stock size for now, 285/70-17s on order)
Ford Performance Fox 2.0 suspension
Ford Performance tune
ARB Summit bumper - Line-X coated
Full body Line-X coating- Midnight Blue Metallic fade to black

Still to come:
BD fogs for bumper - on order
BD ditch lights - on order
Warn Zeon - on order
ARB rear bumper
Etc.....
20210910_140115~3.jpg
20211013_184709~2.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from the Sunny Okanagan BC.
This is my first mid-sized truck, been an F150 guy for years. I love my Ranger. It's the first vehicle I've owned that I've upgraded/customized. Everything else was bought stock, driven stock and sold stock.

Upgrades so far:
Tires and wheels (stock size for now, 285/70-17s on order)
Ford Performance Fox 2.0 suspension
Ford Performance tune
ARB Summit bumper - Line-X coated
Full body Line-X coating- Midnight Blue Metallic fade to black

Still to come:
BD fogs for bumper - on order
BD ditch lights - on order
Warn Zeon - on order
ARB rear bumper
Etc.....
20210910_140115~3.jpg
Welcome Gary - I’ve spent a lot of time in that area, from Silver Star to Osoyoos and all places in between. Lived in Kelowna for a year - great place to own a modified Ranger!

Now, let’s talk about those front crash bars. They gotta go - seriously, they do.

I mean, I love your truck but no Ranger should have overgrown ear hair.

1635541768003.png

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Hello all,

FINALLY got mine last night after 20 weeks. I guess in the end I'm not as patient as I thought.

Anyhow, my daily driver and used for tailgating at UM football. Super happy with it and how it turned out. I basically ordered it using the information/reviews on the forum as I was deciding between this and a taco. I wasn't able to find either truck to even sit in or take a test drive which was crazy at the time and probably still is in certain areas of the country.

Needless to say, I got the damper (lol) and where the hell is the heated steering wheel? Heated seats, navigation, and power folding mirrors but no heated steering wheel, what the hell! No big deal but just surprised. Who came up with that?
Truck Front.jpg
Truck Side.jpg
That blacked out look is awesome. Almost as nice as cactus grey ;)

I.M. Gadget

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Welcome Gary - I’ve spent a lot of time in that area, from Silver Star to Osoyoos and all places in between. Lived in Kelowna for a year - great place to own a modified Ranger!

Now, let’s talk about those front crash bars. They gotta go - seriously, they do.

I mean, I love your truck but no Ranger should have overgrown ear hair.

1635541768003.png
It's on the list. I promise.
I had the bumper installed and realized I couldn't get the bolts out. So I'll either cut them when the new tires arrive or unbolt them when the winch arrives (easiest to mount the winch with bumper dropped). So, plucked or trimmed they will be gone.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It's on the list. I promise.
I had the bumper installed and realized I couldn't get the bolts out. So I'll either cut them when the new tires arrive or unbolt them when the winch arrives (easiest to mount the winch with bumper dropped). So, plucked or trimmed they will be gone.
I’ll be watching and taking notes. Enjoy all those logging roads and abandoned mines out your way!

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

FINALLY got mine last night after 20 weeks. I guess in the end I'm not as patient as I thought.

Anyhow, my daily driver and used for tailgating at UM football. Super happy with it and how it turned out. I basically ordered it using the information/reviews on the forum as I was deciding between this and a taco. I wasn't able to find either truck to even sit in or take a test drive which was crazy at the time and probably still is in certain areas of the country.

Needless to say, I got the damper (lol) and where the hell is the heated steering wheel? Heated seats, navigation, and power folding mirrors but no heated steering wheel, what the hell! No big deal but just surprised. Who came up with that?
Truck Front.jpg
Truck Side.jpg
Sweet, we're "almost" twinsies! I just got mine 2 weeks ago, after a 12 week wait!
IMG_20211016_181449972.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, we're "almost" twinsies! I just got mine 2 weeks ago, after a 12 week wait!
IMG_20211016_181449972.jpg
Jason, get moving on that build. I wanna see some action. No doddlers allowed. ?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Jason, get moving on that build. I wanna see some action. No doddlers allowed. ?
I have been working on it, but mine's going down, not up, like most of yall... Parts are backordered.... Have you seen my build thread?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I have been working on it, but mine's going down, not up, like most of yall... Parts are backordered.... Have you seen my build thread?
Oh man, the back order sucks! No, I haven’t seen it but I’d like to - you should drop the link into your signature. ?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase