Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Any idea what tire?
Not really, I'd like to get something thats a little quieter than the duratracs now that I've moved to NM, where you drive 80 mph on all the highways. The duratracs get a little noisy at that speed. That said its not unbearable, so i still may stick with those.
Sponsored

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Not really, I'd like to get something thats a little quieter than the duratracs now that I've moved to NM, where you drive 80 mph on all the highways. The duratracs get a little noisy at that speed. That said its not unbearable, so i still may stick with those.
From what I have seen the falken wildpeak at3w's are a brilliant choice that was what I was looking at originally not bad price long lasting and fantastic reviews

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
From what I have seen the falken wildpeak at3w's are a brilliant choice that was what I was looking at originally not bad price long lasting and fantastic reviews
Yeah, I've looked at those, Toyo Open Country AT3, Nitto Ridge Grappler (lack of warranty is concerning), and BFG KO2s. But seeing as how there's nothing wrong with my duratracs, I'm not inclined to swap tires until sometime after i swap wheels.

OP
OP

Ymee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Mostly preoccupied
Good morning and thanks for the welcomes. I bought the truck in Sacramento and drove it back via Reno last week and I honestly like the tires. It was obviously on paved roads and the weather was good so traction wasn't an issue and I really didn't mind the road noise (I am almost 60 and three quarters deaf (thank you 80's metal?).
I have to take a road trip to St George UT in a couple of days for a family emergency. I'll update if my opinion changes.

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Good morning and thanks for the welcomes. I bought the truck in Sacramento and drove it back via Reno last week and I honestly like the tires. It was obviously on paved roads and the weather was good so traction wasn't an issue and I really didn't mind the road noise (I am almost 60 and three quarters deaf (thank you 80's metal?).
I have to take a road trip to St George UT in a couple of days for a family emergency. I'll update if my opinion changes.
NIce, glad to hear they're working out well for you. Those are another tire thats on my list, but if I stayed in WA i would continue rocking the duratracs. They are king in snow. I was in Bellingham for Christmas this last year, and thanks to that nasty storm that blew in I had lots of fun mobbing around town. The duratracs never missed a beat in that deep snow.

OP
OP

Ymee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Mostly preoccupied
Thank, I'll keep those in mind for the next set, which maybe sooner than later. I have to drive back down to southern UT for a family emergency and I'm leaving tomorrow! You know, I've had this truck for barely a week now. Lots of bonding time:cool:
Sponsored