Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself.
I am a truck driver, am in my early 60's and an Army Vet.
I've had a couple F-150s and an Escape, also had an older generation Ranger but it needed fixing all the time.
I wanted a mid size truck and don't care for Toyotas or Colorados. I've been eyeing the new Rangers and found this one, a 2019 XLT that has 18k on it. I've never liked bright red trucks but this more Orange/Red color is nice.
Hot Pepper Metallic is what Ford calls it.

The sales girl said it had been driven for 18 months by a manager at one of their other locations, who knows, maybe it was just a lease turn in, but it was well taken care of. Still smells like a new truck.
Wheels don't look like a Ford option, but I like them alright. Tires are Mastercraft and have a lot of tread left.

I like doing my own fluid changes but I have 8 1/2 years of bumper to bumper warranty coverage if something breaks.
1 1/2 years left on the factory warranty, and an extended one I bought. This dealership also gives a lifetime powertrain warranty with all Ford Certified vehicles like mine. You have to have all your service done at their shop and they tell you to not tow over 3,000lb. or the warranty is void.
Not sure I'll be able to stay at that limit, as I want to tow a small 16 ft. camper this winter, Not gonna drive all over the USA with it, just get over to Western AZ with it and park it to use as a base camp.
And maybe put a tow bar on my Jeep and pull it behind the Ranger on other outings.

The truck is a 4x2, I wanted good mileage, the ability to tow things if need be, and a reliable rig for road trips.
It has very good clearance for a 2WD, decent tires and good torque, so I'd say it'll be fine for 95% of dirt roads I do exploring and camping.
The other 5% of roads are rough and rutted enough that I'll take my '96 Grand Cherokee, it's got lots and lots of clearance (and skid plates), I don't mind if it gets scratched or dinged either.
I live about 15 miles from Sedona, where there are some great 4x4 trails. Come winter time I take a couple months off and do some prospecting-old mines and exploring Ghost Towns in Western and Southwestern Arizona.

I'm glad I found this forum and I'm looking forward to some Ranger discussion.
IqQYeLgh.jpg

Rn8zw3Lh.jpg

e0kviSGh.jpg

VECqlPmh.jpg
Sponsored

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Welcome to a great forum and the best truck out there. I am sure you will enjoy you new toy. That is a very good looking truck I must say!!!!!!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another AZ resident represented here.
Beautiful truck. You chose well, it looks like!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome to the forum Tony. That's a good looking Ranger, enjoy. And, thank you for your service to our great country.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Desert_5G

First Name