First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Double Cab Wildtrak 2.0L Turbo HR 6AT
Occupation
Retired
@Msfitoy , suddenly, your lighting seems a little...sparse...?
Its strange but I see this sort of lighting on many buses , but Ive never once seen the lights actually switched on . Just think what the electrical wiring / fuse situation may be ?

OP
OP
Thaicoon

Thaicoon

Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If your coming to Thailand and need a Taxi , don't forget to check the inside first ?

T1.jpg

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Its strange but I see this sort of lighting on many buses , but Ive never once seen the lights actually switched on . Just think what the electrical wiring / fuse situation may be ?

Thank God that they aren't switched on.
1676561100091.png

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Last edited:

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Ive never visited Ubon , but relating to being a single man I spent my first 4 years in Thailand living in Pattaya City , now there's a place that was built for making dreams come true ?

Pattaya.jpg
I stayed in Pattaya twice, and it was such an interesting place. The beach was nice, and the "taxi" system where you hop in the bed of a pickup truck was both cheap and convenient.

I found Walking Street in Pattaya to be much more entertaining than Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza in Bangkok. The bars in Pattaya were great with excellent live music. There was one bar with Muay Thai that was exciting to watch, too.

Walking down Soi 6 in Pattaya on the other hand, I felt like chum in a river full of piranhas. I felt lucky to make it out of there with life, limb and my wallet intact.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi every one I’m from the LOS ( Land of Smiles ) Thailand and recently purchased my first ever Ford vehicle , a new Ford Ranger Wildtrak .

So I thought I would show you guys a few photographs of my new baby and hopefully join in on other topics at some later time.

I have never before owned a Ford vehicle , I previously owned two vehicles ( one car and one pickup ) that were getting older so it was time to part exchange those two vehicles . I decided that as I live out in a remote small village a pickup was the best choice. I visited all the main dealerships including , Toyota , Mazda , Mitsubishi, Nissan Etc . Out of all the dealerships I went to the ford dealership offered me the best part exchange price for my two old vehicles.

So while at the Ford dealership I wandered around the show room and thats where the Ford Ranger caught my eye , it was a Ford Ranger Wildtrak in Black. Once I sat in side the die was cast and I fell in love . After taking a test drive in the Ford Ranger Wildtrak the deal was done and I became the proud owner of new a metallic snow flake white next generation Ford Ranger Double Cab 2.0L Turbo HR 6AT.

My reason for not choosing a Black version is that where I live there are many dirt roads and in my humble opinion a Black vehicle tends to some how attract road dust fairly quickly , also here in the sunshine a Black painted vehicle seems to hold the outer body heat a bit more than say a White painted version.

The cost of my new Ford Range using the current Thai Baht / US dollar exchange rate was ….

?30,556.36

? Thaicoon

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg
Sawadee Kap!!! Welcome to the Ford Ranger family. Nice looking truck. Thailand is an awesome place. I spent 2.5 months way back when I was active duty in the Marines. You guys have the right side steering wheel as well.

OP
OP
Thaicoon

Thaicoon

Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I stayed in Pattaya twice, and it was such an interesting place. The beach was nice, and the "taxi" system where you hop in the bed of a pickup truck was both cheap and convenient.

I found Walking Street in Pattaya to be much more entertaining than Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza in Bangkok. The bars in Pattaya were great with excellent live music. There was one bar with Muay Thai that was exciting to watch, too.

Walking down Soi 6 in Pattaya on the other hand, I felt like chum in a river full of piranhas. I felt lucky to make it out of there with life, limb and my wallet intact.

When I lived in Pattaya the taxi system ( Baht Buses ) was the best way to get around . I went to many main entertainment places and a few back street shows that featured pretty young girls launching ping pong balls into the audience . I attended an expat club there and eventually became a member of the board that ran the help clinic . The biggest cause of those expats who needed our help was generally two fold. One was of course the demon drink , the combination of cheep booze being served by young attractive bar maids who’s job it was to sell you as much as they could and the other problem of not knowing when to stop , put the glass down and leave the bar. For a man being constantly surrounded by fit attractive young ladies , who only want to please you, is an intoxicating situation that can go straight to your head , and another lower location ?

?

OP
OP
Thaicoon

Thaicoon

Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sawadee Kap!!! Welcome to the Ford Ranger family. Nice looking truck. Thailand is an awesome place. I spent 2.5 months way back when I was active duty in the Marines. You guys have the right side steering wheel as well.
Thanks for the welcome ?

Thailand is an awesome place to visit for a holiday , but for any one thinking about retiring here it needs some serious thought . After being here 22 years I think Ive just about seen and done most things and come into contact with many guy’s from all over the world who retired here . If any one asked me the question … if you could turn back the clock , what would I do differently . I would have to honestly reply that I would have probably chosen another destination to retire to .

Sponsored