William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Double Cab Wildtrak 2.0L Turbo HR 6AT
Occupation
Retired
  • Banned
Hi every one I’m from the LOS ( Land of Smiles ) Thailand and recently purchased my first ever Ford vehicle , a new Ford Ranger Wildtrak .

So I thought I would show you guys a few photographs of my new baby and hopefully join in on other topics at some later time.

I have never before owned a Ford vehicle , I previously owned two vehicles ( one car and one pickup ) that were getting older so it was time to part exchange those two vehicles . I decided that as I live out in a remote small village a pickup was the best choice. I visited all the main dealerships including , Toyota , Mazda , Mitsubishi, Nissan Etc . Out of all the dealerships I went to the ford dealership offered me the best part exchange price for my two old vehicles.

So while at the Ford dealership I wandered around the show room and thats where the Ford Ranger caught my eye , it was a Ford Ranger Wildtrak in Black. Once I sat in side the die was cast and I fell in love . After taking a test drive in the Ford Ranger Wildtrak the deal was done and I became the proud owner of new a metallic snow flake white next generation Ford Ranger Double Cab 2.0L Turbo HR 6AT.

My reason for not choosing a Black version is that where I live there are many dirt roads and in my humble opinion a Black vehicle tends to some how attract road dust fairly quickly , also here in the sunshine a Black painted vehicle seems to hold the outer body heat a bit more than say a White painted version.

The cost of my new Ford Range using the current Thai Baht / US dollar exchange rate was ….

?30,556.36

? Thaicoon

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg
Sponsored

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Nice. I’ve always heard rumors of Thailand and Navy guys getting themselves in trouble with lady dudes ?
I had a few buddies with stories to tell about Thailand and I imagine most involve extreme amounts of alcohol.

I did always want to visit Thailand on a port call. Everyone that had been said it was one of the most fun places they had ever been to. I’m sure it’s beautiful where you live. I agree, black would be very hard to keep clean where you are at. All my previous trucks were white and I never had issues with dirt showing on them. Are these trucks 4 wheel drive or do they mostly sell 2 wheel drives? I know it varies from country to country on what options they offer. Good looking truck by the way. ?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Thaicoon

Thaicoon

Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
  • Banned
Nice. I’ve always heard rumors of Thailand and Navy guys getting themselves in trouble with lady dudes ?
I had a few buddies with stories to tell about Thailand and I imagine most involve extreme amounts of alcohol.

I did always want to visit Thailand on a port call. Everyone that had been said it was one of the most fun places they had ever been to. I’m sure it’s beautiful where you live. I agree, black would be very hard to keep clean where you are at. All my previous trucks were white and I never had issues with dirt showing on them. Are these trucks 4 wheel drive or do they mostly sell 2 wheel drives? I know it varies from country to country on what options they offer. Good looking truck by the way. ?

Hi

Originally from England when I retired at the age of 46 I decided to give Thailand a try . after meeting my now Thai wife , Ive lived here in Thailand for over 22 years . Even after all this time some days I still see some thing and think to my self WTF . Overall Thailand is apart from the expat visa situation a great place to live, having said that driving on Thai roads is not some thing to be taken lightly . Once your driving on Thai roads the best option is to instantly assume that all the other road users near you are 8 years old.

I would guess the majority of Ford Ranger trucks sold here are the 4x4 type.

I love the words ‘’ Lady Dudes ‘’ , Ive met many of those and the vast majority were very nice .

Here’s a photograph of 4 young Lady Dudes signing up to join the Thai Army.?

LB1.jpg

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Hi

Originally from England when I retired at the age of 46 I decided to give Thailand a try . after meeting my now Thai wife , Ive lived here in Thailand for over 22 years . Even after all this time some days I still see some thing and think to my self WTF . Overall Thailand is apart from the expat visa situation a great place to live, having said that driving on Thai roads is not some thing to be taken lightly . Once your driving on Thai roads the best option is to instantly assume that all the other road users near you are 8 years old.

I would guess the majority of Ford Ranger trucks sold here are the 4x4 type.

I love the words ‘’ Lady Dudes ‘’ , Ive met many of those and the vast majority were very nice .

Here’s a photograph of 4 young Lady Dudes signing up to join the Thai Army.?

LB1.jpg
Haha, I’m told they’ll catch you off guard if you’re not ready. Very cool/interesting story. I have a few buddies that met their wives while we were stationed in Japan and they ended up staying over there. They really loved the culture. There are still a few places I’d really like to see, Thailand being one of them. Congrats on the new truck. Looks like it will work out well for you!

OP
OP
Thaicoon

Thaicoon

Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Thaicoon

Thaicoon

Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Haha, I’m told they’ll catch you off guard if you’re not ready. Very cool/interesting story. I have a few buddies that met their wives while we were stationed in Japan and they ended up staying over there. They really loved the culture. There are still a few places I’d really like to see, Thailand being one of them. Congrats on the new truck. Looks like it will work out well for you!
One place I would love to visit is Japan .

I'm wondering if I should splash out and get this modification for my new Ford Range ?

red2.jpg

Red4.jpg

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
One place I would love to visit is Japan .

I'm wondering if I should splash out and get this modification for my new Ford Range ?

red2.jpg

Red4.jpg
I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t. ?. Japan was great. Definitely a very honest culture with a lot of good values. When my wife sold the car we purchased she bought me a custom made samurai sword when we were there. It’s beautiful. That was the one thing I had wanted. We did a lot of really neat stuff the 2.5 years we were there. We climbed Mt Fuji and visited tons of shrines and temples, saw festivals, cherry blossoms, etc. It was a great experience.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
That is crazy cheap in USD compared to what we pay here. Sharp looking truck.
The Ford Thailand website shows a Ranger Wildtrak Double Cab (SuperCrew) starting at 1,014,000 Baht, which converts to $30,655 USD. That's about a thousand less ($31,460) than a 2023 5G base XLT SuperCab 2WD here. Not sure what compliance hardware is required or included in Thailand (airbags, pre-collision, emissions etc) vs NA spec trucks, but hardware not included in those areas probably accounts for most of the lower Thai cost.
Sponsored