OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
A
Men that have Loti , or men that admire men that have loti would be the damper crowd i suspect , not truck only supercab guys , like myself ...
Plural of Lotus...is Lotus. I do have a damper as well on my truck, so you are right there! ?

To be real tho...driving the Elise requires ear plugs after a hour and is so stiff, it will rattle the fillings out of your teeth. There are no nannies or driving aids...no power steering etc. Its a pure mechanical dream. Going 0-60..in the sub 4sec range, is thrilling and scary at the same time. It's literally a road going go-kart.

Your "manly" supercab drives like a Rolls Royce in comparison. I'll send ya a damper...free of charge.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
A
Plural of Lotus...is Lotus. I do have a damper as well on my truck, so you are right there! ?

To be real tho...driving the Elise requires ear plugs after a hour and is so stiff, it will rattle the fillings out of your teeth. There are no nannies or driving aids...no power steering etc. Its a pure mechanical dream. Going 0-60..in the sub 4sec range, is thrilling and scary at the same time. It's literally a road going go-kart.

Your "manly" supercab drives like a Rolls Royce in comparison. I'll send ya a damper...free of charge.
All I remember with mine was fuel vapors filling the cab and it seemed like my ass was about 2” off the pavement all the time!

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I remember with mine was fuel vapors filling the cab and it seemed like my ass was about 2” off the pavement all the time!
Exactly! The Lotus experience! Mine shoots foot long flames out the back during shifts at times and can smell of fuel. I just wanted to point out...these cars are fun and a blast to drive but they are nowhere near a plush ride/experience. These are barebone track cars.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Men that have Loti , or men that admire men that have loti would be the damper crowd i suspect , not truck only supercab guys , like myself ...
I'm sticking with you on this one. I suppose I could sell the Lotodes to get more stuff for the Ranger!

Its “proper” plural form would logically be Lotodes. Like octopodes for octopus, they are both Latinized versions of their respective Greek words.

Lah-tah-dees for pronunciation guidance ...

Further Greek origin of Lotus: "LOTIS was a Naiad-nymph of Dryopia or Doris in northern Greece who was transformed into a lotus plant as she fled the lustful pursuit of the god Priapos."

I'm def sticking with the Ranger! =p

tongue-in-cheekie comment! =D

OP
OP
Mobius97

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sticking with you on this one. I suppose I could sell the Lotodes to get more stuff for the Ranger!

Its “proper” plural form would logically be Lotodes. Like octopodes for octopus, they are both Latinized versions of their respective Greek words.

Lah-tah-dees for pronunciation guidance ...

Further Greek origin of Lotus: "LOTIS was a Naiad-nymph of Dryopia or Doris in northern Greece who was transformed into a lotus plant as she fled the lustful pursuit of the god Priapos."

I'm def sticking with the Ranger! =p

tongue-in-cheekie comment! =D
Though I do agree with your grammer and origin. That all goes out the window with cars, well at least I tell myself that. Or at least Collin Chapman believed so. I see your Grammer dictionary and raise you this...though grammatically incorrect.

You know what....screw it. I'm with you.... I'm selling them and buying more stuff for the Ranger!! ?

EVEFy9GUYAE3zF4.jpg

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Though I do agree with your grammer and origin. That all goes out the window with cars, well at least I tell myself that. Or at least Collin Chapman believed so. I see your Grammer dictionary and raise you this...though grammatically incorrect.

You know what....screw it. I'm with you.... I'm selling them and buying more stuff for the Ranger!! ?

EVEFy9GUYAE3zF4.jpg
As long as my wife doesn't see your cars, all's good.

She's a huge Lotus fan (and I've thought they were wicked cool ever since Live and Let Die, and then as I got older, I restored a 1960 MGA and have really like British cars ever since).

1660678047684.png

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Did you just say "I'm rubber, you're glue?"
I'll take that old piece of shit off your hands. How's a lift, widebody kit, and tune for your Ranger sound?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Picked up our new family hauler today! Add it to the stable!! Super excited!! Our first BMW. It's a X7 M50i V8 twin turbo. The torque with the 530hp....it freaking moves! Only a day so far with it and got to drive it to my son's football practice (ok, ok...its my wifes car)......but loving it! Need to get a few better pics but quickly shot these to share.

My new lifted Ranger still looks cooler ?

20220810_124559.jpg

20220810_124457.jpg
Nice!!!
Sponsored