First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mods...Please leave this on the main section for today.

Sometimes I can't remember what I did yesterday but everyone remembers exactly where they were this day. Lets not forget our REAL heroes! They're not celebrities or athletes but the brave hero's who risked their lives on this very day on 9-11. ?? :crying:

NYC1.jpg

Pledge.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Sometimes I can't remember what I did yesterday but everyone remembers exactly where they were this day. Lets not forget our REAL heroes! They're not celebrities or athletes but the brave hero's who risked their lives on this very day on 9-11. ?? :crying:
I will always remember where I was this day, at work when the news sped like wildfire. Not much got done the rest of the day. I called my wife and she turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit live.:crying:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I will always remember where I was this day, at work when the news sped like wildfire. Not much got done the rest of the day. I called my wife and she turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit live.:crying:
We were at work and I got a phone call from a friend telling me what had happened. I let the guys go home and I got home to see the second plane hit. I think the worse was a few weeks later I saw a Time magazine story and they had pictures of people falling and jumping out from the burning tower. It made me sad to think they had to do this and can't imagine what their thoughts were. Still hard to believe that we as a country were so close after this, flags were flying everywhere and now we're so divided! ?

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
This is the only day of the year when I let the flag stay out all night and I put two spotlights on it. Super bright ones.

There's a few documentaries out there about it but there's one I recommend. It's called 9/11 from 2002, and it's unique because of the way it was made and produced. It was a raw and real view of what it was like for the firefighters, and it's like that because it was never intended as a documentary for 9/11, it was a documentary for a "probie" firefighter in NY that just happened to be taking place at the time of the attacks.

If it's described as this, you know you have the right one:
9/11 - The Filmmakers' Commemorative Edition
Tony Benatatos (Actor), Jamal Braithwaite (Actor), Gedeon Naudet (Director)

The problem is, this video is rare and comparatively expensive when you can find it. But it's different and worth it because of what it is and what it isn't. What it isn't, is some garbage shovelware video put out to capitalize and profit on the disaster that was 9/11. What it isn't is that... holding back vomit sensation here... that movie with Charlie Sheen about 9/11. What it is: a shocking look at the reality of being a firefighter in New York on that day, and it's not for the feint of heart. See if your local rental place has it. Or just buy it. I own it and watch it once per year.

41tAUOhmcWL._SY445_.jpg

Also, today isn't complete without the famous picture.

635761867141706293-AXX-FLAG-15.jpg

Never Forget.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I saw a Time magazine story and they had pictures of people falling and jumping out from the burning tower.
One of the reasons the documentary I mention is not for the feint of heart is that there is video of the firefighters setting up base on the ground floor of the first tower hit, and you can see the look on their faces when they realize they are hearing the sound of bodies splatting on the pavement outside. First one, then another, then more. It's pretty damn intense.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
...I saw a Time magazine story and they had pictures of people falling and jumping out from the burning tower. It made me sad to think they had to do this and can't imagine what their thoughts were... ?
I remember that international news was showing the people falling and US news held it back. I believe i saw it on Telemundo when flipping channels. My horrified point being that I couldn't imagine (even as a veteran) having to make that choice of how to die - jump or burn. Even writing this now, it brings tears.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I remember that international news was showing the people falling and US news held it back. I believe i saw it on Telemundo when flipping channels. My horrified point being that I couldn't imagine (even as a veteran) having to make that choice of how to die - jump or burn. Even writing this now, it brings tears.
When I saw that Time article it really made things surreal. I mean yes seeing the two towers collapsing was real enough but like you said seeing these people having to make the decision whether to burn or jump to their death was just heartbreaking. Then the thought of having their loved ones seeing these images will be the last thoughts they'll ever have now.

Phik

First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Mods...Please leave this on the main section for today.

NYC1.jpg

Pledge.jpg
...indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

your pic left out the most important part
Sponsored