First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm sure everyone here remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing on this tragic day. It's hard to believe that 21 years have gone by so please take a movement to remember those that lost their lives that day. Also remember those who rushed in to help save others, they too shall not be forgotten! :crying:??:flag:

Never-Forget-9-11-01.jpg

9-11-Never Forget.jpg
Sponsored

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
I remember sitting in statistics class at local community college when the news broke. My birthday is 9/11 and always a somber moment. God bless this amazing country. God bless all who served. & all who paid the ultimate sacrifice

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I remember that day well. I was in 4th garde and all of a sudden sent home from school. Of course as a kid I thought "sweet a day off from school!". After that my parents told me what happened. Id say for about a month I didnt like the idea of getting on a plane after that(and yet never been on a plane). Regardless still an unfortunate event that happened

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I remember that day well. I was in 4th garde and all of a sudden sent home from school. Of course as a kid I thought "sweet a day off from school!". After that my parents told me what happened. Id say for about a month I didnt like the idea of getting on a plane after that(and yet never been on a plane). Regardless still an unfortunate event that happened
Lol I was in 4th grade too.. we didn't get sent home though ?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I was watching the business news when they broke for the first plane hitting the tower. When the second one hit I woke my wife up and said we are being attacked even before they thought it. I knew a few of the fund people at Alger that were killed.

Thank you first responders!

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I was in high school in my American History class. The class at the time was situated in the auditorium, so we didn’t have access to any televisions. Walking out and going it my next class, which was in the library, a friend of a friend walked up and said a plane ran into the Pentagon. I brushed it off as if that was not possible. It’s the Pentagon. On the way to the library, I saw a line of parents heading out the front and around the corner. Walking into the library all the t televisions had the broadcast of the WTC billowing smoking. Hard to ever forget that.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I was watching the business news when they broke for the first plane hitting the tower. When the second one hit I woke my wife up and said we are being attacked even before they thought it. I knew a few of the fund people at Alger that were killed.

Thank you first responders!
I was driving an end dump semi, hauling crushed granite to a runway expansion project at MSP when I heard the news. I was just leaving the pit which was about 75 miles away when the radio coverage went to continuous. By the time I got to the MSP site, all four planes had crashed and all flights had been or were being grounded. I remember being a little anxious about being at an airport during this confusing time speculation was rampant. Had the planes been hit with missiles and then crashed? Any more going to crash?. I didn't see what had happened until I got home that day.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I was working in the 25th floor of a building in ATL. After the second plane hit and it became apparent it was an organized attack, it became very unnerving to be in a tall building. If I recall correctly, we closed the remainder of that day and the following day until we were sure more attacks would not follow. God bless all victims and first responders.

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I was on the 15tt floor of an office building just outside of downtown ATL. My wife called me and while I was on the phone with her, the second one hit. It was unreal.

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
The biggest moment to me was when the second plane hit And you knew it wasn’t an accident. I was watching on the tv in disbelief. And I was just sitting there and all of a sudden my wife was home from work. Her company sent everyone home. We just sat and hugged.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I had just left a football game with my platoon at Fort Carson, CO. I was driving when the second plane hit. Saw the tower fall when I got back to the house.

I lived on base and most of my leadership didn't. Base locked down, so we spent most of the day watching the TV for updates in the motorpool.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I was at work, when all of a sudden word of the first plane traveled around the office. Things suddenly got real quiet. Icalled the wife and woke her up and told her to turn the tv on. She got it on just in time to see the second plane hit. They had tvs in all the conference rooms so we could watch coverage. Not much actual work got done that day.

I also remember the first moon landing and where I was when Kennedy got shot in Dallas. Some things just stick with you for life.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Local law enforcement asked that we ready the emergency communications trailers, the spare portable radios, charge the spare portable radio batteries, and in general be ready to support any comm needs that might arise.