First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Tech
I just got a instrument cluster from a 2020 XLT Ranger and I swapped it with my 2021 Lariat cluster. Some options do not work with the 2020 cluster that I had in my 2021. The left button does not control the digital speedo numbers. It stays in the split form (speedo numbers are on top small and the miles are on bottom small).
Also the 4 wheel drive does not work on the dash. The adaptive crash option is not working.
I am looking for help with this and does any one know how I can get a spreadsheet with the code descriptions. So this will hopefully help.

UPDATE:
I put all the info from the Lariat to the XLT Module. Left side worked the same and the right side lost the radio volume. I now have errors in Radio, PCM, SCCM etc..
Any ideas on how to correct this problem. I attached photos below

UPDATE:
I did more checking and found out that the cluster is from a STS not a XLT
I am wondering if I the cluster can even be updated or do I need to find a cluster that is from a fully loaded XLT

IMG_4407.jpg

IMG_4409.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
When I swapped my cluster I saved the asbuilt data from the original. Then loaded that into the new one. That way all of the settings matched my truck. Since you've already swapped your cluster you could go to the motorcraft website and download your asbuilt data with your vin number.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/AsBuilt

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
When I swapped my cluster I saved the asbuilt data from the original. Then loaded that into the new one. That way all of the settings matched my truck. Since you've already swapped your cluster you could go to the motorcraft website and download your asbuilt data with your vin number.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/AsBuilt
He’s going to need to get the XLT button cluster for left side of wheel for his install. There are other settings in Forscan if I remember right. That thread I linked gets into it.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
A couple weeks ago I swapped my steering wheel to add cruise control to my XL. At first all of the buttons were dead. I found a setting in Forscan under IPC for which left and right button sets are installed. Now everything works.
Sponsored