Need help identifying this connector....

kcb94

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Federal
I’m trying to find an extension wire for the Adaptive Cruise Control for the 2019 Ranger. Please help identify Ford part number or proper nomenclature for this connector and any sources for an 6-10” extension. Thanks!
0A8EC682-2F55-42AF-AD1F-423560FE03C0.png
Sponsored

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to find an extension wire for the Adaptive Cruise Control for the 2019 Ranger. Please help identify Ford part number or proper nomenclature for this connector and any sources for an 6-10” extension. Thanks!
0A8EC682-2F55-42AF-AD1F-423560FE03C0.png
I can’t offer a nomenclature or part number, though I can offer advice that ought to help. Establish rapport with your friendly Ford Parts Advisor/Supervisor/Manager, whatever... Parts dept. should have a parts explosion at their fingertips for what parts are available.

Jfleming

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4wd Supercab, 1996 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Fireman
Ford (Motorcraft) offers most of the connectors that they use with a short pigtail of wire on it for repair purposes. Personally I find the wires that they attach pretty clunky, but I guess that they do work (kinda). Depending on how OCD I am being I will pop the connector apart, de-pin it, and try to use a wire of a more appropriate size and color - or not!

They even have a catalog listing them by picture. I found your 8 pin connector in there, (see pic below).

I am also attaching the 2016 edition of the PDF catalog for your reference. There may be a newer version out there (free), I didn't really look.

ct.JPG

Attachments

OP
OP

kcb94

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Federal
THANK YOU!!! I will use this to get the needed addition!
Sponsored