New to Forscan need help saving modules

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I just got Forscan 2.3.43. I've got it hooked up and working. Before making any modifications I want to save the modules I want to work on. However, I cannot find the "save" function. I've clicked on the modification icon, run the module I want to work on but there are only two options toward the bottom of the screen - "edit" and "write." Where can I find the function to save the module before I start fooling with it.

Also, I want to disable the chimes when the vehicle starts but can't find them. I looked in the IPC module, found many chimes functions, but not that one.

Any and all help appreciated.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm in electronics and server administration, so I know my way around software. I didn't figure out an easy way (or straight forward way) to save the modules, so I just keep a spreadsheet of what I've changed. I don't recommend no saving the stuff, but I found for me it wasn't necessary. YMMV.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Can't give a definite answer but do you have the extended license? If not it might have something to do with that

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I just did a vehicle read, then when all of the modules were populated saved a new profile with the default name, when I was done changing stuff I saved a new profile as 'My ranger'. And I load that profile every time I need to change something, keeping the stock profile as a 'as built' backup.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just did a vehicle read, then when all of the modules were populated saved a new profile with the default name, when I was done changing stuff I saved a new profile as 'My ranger'. And I load that profile every time I need to change something, keeping the stock profile as a 'as built' backup.
don't remember which post and maybe I am not understanding how you are doing it but what the post said was that you have to save each module individually and that profile save is not saving a file that you can use to restore

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
don't remember which post and maybe I am not understanding how you are doing it but what the post said was that you have to save each module individually and that profile save is not saving a file that you can use to restore
That is correct. You must save each module asbuilt individually. All the profile is saving is basic vehicle information and only needs to be saved the first time you log into a new vehicle. It does not save any settings information.

OP
OP
JonB

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Yes, I have the extended license. And I know I have to save each module separately, I just can’t find the “save” button. Can someone point out to me where it is? I’ve seen YouTube descriptions that show a line below the module’s listing with several buttons, including “save.” It’s not on mine or at least I can’t find it.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Yes, I have the extended license. And I know I have to save each module separately, I just can’t find the “save” button. Can someone point out to me where it is? I’ve seen YouTube descriptions that show a line below the module’s listing with several buttons, including “save.” It’s not on mine or at least I can’t find it.
I'm not certain, and I don't use it much so it's not burned into my brain, but I think what you are seeing is to 'save' any changes you made back to the system. Backing up each module requires some additional steps, and I didn't devote enough time to figure it out. What ever method I used to backup the modules didn't actually work, so I just said f-it. I don't play around with settings and just made about 8 changes, so I just document my changes in a spreadsheet and take my chances.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm not certain, and I don't use it much so it's not burned into my brain, but I think what you are seeing is to 'save' any changes you made back to the system. Backing up each module requires some additional steps, and I didn't devote enough time to figure it out. What ever method I used to backup the modules didn't actually work, so I just said f-it. I don't play around with settings and just made about 8 changes, so I just document my changes in a spreadsheet and take my chances.
Well that sucks that each one has to be saved, and the process do do so wasn't addressed prominently. I also just did 11 changes, and documented each one, so would be easy to change any one or all back to as built. In a last resort scenario I can always get the dealer to re-flash the stock one if needed. Not to worried about it in any case.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So, looking at the Forscan programming guide it seems I only changed 1 as built module, the rest were user loaded modules. I will go in and make backups but it sucks you have to load each module to save it, should be some way to save all of the codes as one file.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 09.43.22.jpg

OP
OP
JonB

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Guys, please, before this post goes off in another direction, can anyone tell me where the "save" button is in Forscan so I can save a module before modifying it.

Please.

OP
OP
JonB

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Guys, please, before this post goes off in another direction, can anyone tell me where the "save" button is in Forscan so I can save a module before modifying it.

Please.
Given enough time and beer I figured it out.
Sponsored