Navigation in Right Dash Display Screen?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
That's just it, I don't have one either.
I hope it's via USB now and through the site you mentioned.
It took them 3 years to send me a notification for an update on my Explorer Sync Nav so I'm not too sure they will update in the Ranger any time soon since we just got our vehicles. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
It took them 3 years to send me a notification for an update on my Explorer Sync Nav so I'm not too sure they will update in the Ranger any time soon since we just got our vehicles. :)
Navigation Maps and POIs are usually updated each year. Since I use my phone with Google Maps in Car Play or just on the phone I don't bother with the updates. Waste of time and money and you don't get the current traffic and automatic rerouting that you do with GMAps or Waze.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Navigation Maps and POIs are usually updated each year. Since I use my phone with Google Maps in Car Play or just on the phone I don't bother with the updates. Waste of time and money and you don't get the current traffic and automatic rerouting that you do with GMAps or Waze.
Yea, any of the maps are just a guide, I've had engineers that I've sent to locations and the GPS tells them to drive into a farmers field to get to a site and they actually follow it. :facepalm:
Waze is crap in our region and most of the other apps are too, but Google Maps is best and they actually update on a semi-regular basis with Apple Maps being questionable at times.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, any of the maps are just a guide, I've had engineers that I've sent to locations and the GPS tells them to drive into a farmers field to get to a site and they actually follow it. :facepalm:
Waze is crap in our region and most of the other apps are too, but Google Maps is best and they actually update on a semi-regular basis with Apple Maps being questionable at times.
It's definitely regional. I think it's important to keep 2-3 services available at any time. There was a whole area outside of Edinburgh, Scotland that Google (my default) just had no clue about. It was fairly recently developed. Meanwhile, Apple was spot on.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I've already noticed POIs that are years out of date. This is generally just something that car manufacturers suck at, and why being able to put waze on screen is so good. :)

Martynm

First Name
Martyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Everest 2.2 XLT
It shows up in the right screen on my Lariat when you program a destination in the navigation system. Otherwise you just get the compass.

20190424_072503.jpg
I know this is an old post but I am having difficulty getting the time and distance values to show on my South African Ford Everest (Ranger SUV) and wondered if you would care to share your VIN via a private message that I can compare the as built values and make any required changes in Forscan. Thanks
Sponsored