Zaph

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
@Zaph just needs to hurry up and figure out how to get a ported 8" into the Ranger :)
If I'm going to work on that, I might have to change out of my pajamas!

Funny, there was no Pandemic when I started this, and right now driving the truck I'm averaging 10 miles a week, just enough to go shopping for food.

have you thought about either of these options. already built, ported and already fits behind the seat and both sound amazing. i have heard both in 2 different f150s. and they sound like 2 10s
I think those other boxes posted are going to be a bit too thick at the top to put the seat back, and not quite enough volume for the depth and tuning I'm after. Still going to go for custom built to make the most of the area that's back there. And yeah I'll post my design when done. It might be easily adaptable to other types of 8" subs designed for small volumes.
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm curious, you should look into a KICKER SOLOBARIC L7T 8. Then it would be the equivalent of a 10 due to the 20% of more cone space with the square. This is also a shallow mount L7 so the overall space can be less then normal.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
So I'm curious, you should look into a KICKER SOLOBARIC L7T 8. Then it would be the equivalent of a 10 due to the 20% of more cone space with the square. This is also a shallow mount L7 so the overall space can be less then normal.
They fit...after a lot of trial and error and trying to get specific volume. I've made like 4 boxes until it actually fit. My goal was to have 2 of them where the scissor jack is located, but just didn't seem possible, now I have 1 there and I'll probably make the second one into a backseat armrest.

The L7T8 imo isn't much like a basic 10" sub but if you have 2 of em they "almost" sound like a 12" ?
Sponsored