First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Picked up my truck this afternoon. Dropped it off on 5/11. Picked it up on 5/22. Ridiculous amount of time. It's a good thing they did an absolutely beautiful job on the paint.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my truck this afternoon. Dropped it off on 5/11. Picked it up on 5/22. Ridiculous amount of time. It's a good thing they did an absolutely beautiful job on the paint.
Hi ACE,

Sorry to see you had to undergo a repaint.....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Ace Holliday

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
how much of it did they paint?
The back doors, rear quarter panels, and tailgate. The issue was what looked like thin paint leaving the primer showing through. It was from the bottom edge and up two or three inches. The primer is very close to the Ingot Silver color so it was not super noticeable. But of course once you see it it's all you can see.
They really did an excellent job. My only complaint is the amount of time it took. But they gave me a brand new Escape Titanium EcoBoost to drive while they had it. I put 650 miles on it. It is no longer new. :sunglasses:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Since you liked the 2019 Ingot silver, perhaps you could have convicted them you like the 2020 Iconic silver better and paint the entire truck in the darker color! Per the color poll, Silver is the least desired for some reason. For those that have it or soon(?) will have it, its great. My 2020 Iconic silver with the Sport package, will be ordered soon.

Glad everything turned out well for you.
I was mildly disappointed that I wasn't able to get silver. My previous gen Ranger was silver and that truck served me very well, thereby proving how good the color is (surely the color had something to do with its overall quality, right?). Alas, I ended up with magnetic as that was where the killer deal was. Good thing these trucks look good and function well in every available color!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I was mildly disappointed that I wasn't able to get silver. My previous gen Ranger was silver and that truck served me very well, thereby proving how good the color is (surely the color had something to do with its overall quality, right?). Alas, I ended up with magnetic as that was where the killer deal was. Good thing these trucks look good and function well in every available color!
So true! :like:
Sponsored