First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Figured i would start a build thread with all the parts I have been ordering lately. Not even 300 miles on the odometer and already have planning out my build.

Here are the details on the truck

2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
301A Package
Sport Package
Towing package
Technology package
Electronic lock rear diff

My goal with this truck is to improve on its look while making it appear stock. This truck will mainly be a highway cruiser. I do minor offroading about once a month getting to hiking trails and camping spots, but nothing that needs a dedicated off road rig to get to. I love the look of this truck and its capabilities and want to just slightly improve on that look.

Here are the current mods/additions

- Weathertech floor liners
- DeeZee tailgate dampener

Here are the mods i have ordered and am waiting to arrive

- BedRug full bedliner
- Truxedo Pro X-15 bed cover
- Ignition bezel (the ebay one to fill in the stock gap)
- CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna
- Stage3 Ranger Raptor Style Grill Kit with Grille Lights
- GoRhino RB10 Running boards
- Rough Country 2.5in level kit
- Rough Country Dual 6in LED Bumper Kit

Here are the planned mods

- Remove Sport bed decals
- Black out badges
- Raised tailgate letters, black
- Homemade removeable rack in bed for hauling plywood sheets
- LED replacement lights for everything
- MBRP Black series 3' cat back, dual split rear exit

Here are mods i am debating and would appreciate some input on. I like these mods and would like to add them, but im not crazy about the black plastic appearance. I really like the stock grey color of the bumper and the fender flares and would love if i could color match these so that everything matches the stock bumper. Anybody have any experience color matching these to the stock grey bumpers. Pics? Worth it? Any input would be appreciated.

- Ford OEM splash guards
- Bushwacker Trail armor rocker panels
- Bushwacker OE Style fender flares

I will post pics and updates as things are installed. Let me know what you guys think!

Side.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
And as i was typing this up this arrived at my door! Will install it in the morning and post some pics.

Bedrug.jpg

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Got the BedRug installed today. Real simple install and fits great. Love the look of it and the functionality, will definitely save my knees in the future.

Bedrug (2).jpg

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
A few updates for today. Installed the Truxedo Pro X15 bed cover. Simple install, in hindsight i should have waited to install the bed rug until after the bed cover, as i had to peel back some areas of the bedrug to screw in some brackets, but all in all in looks great. Love the fitment and the low profile look.

Also, picked up some inserts from CupHolderHero off amazon. They are only 20 bucks and i think it adds a little pop to the interior without being over done. The fitment is great on them and there are inserts for everything in the kit, cupholders, trays, door pockets, even the underseat storage. The only thing lacking is I wish it included an insert for the pocket on top of the dash.

20200914_101822.jpg

20200914_101942.jpg

20200914_113930.jpg

20200914_113937.jpg

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Oh, I also removed the bed decals and the ecoboost badge!

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Built out the wood rack today. Main use for this is going to pick up sheet goods, creating a level platform so that I can lay the sheet goods flat and strap them down to the bed so they dont move. Pretty simple build. I bought a couple 2x8s and notched them out so that they interlock into each other. The long boards are a full 8 feet and connect to the "header" board with some simple clasp latches. I built it this way so its easy to tear down and store, taking up minimal space.

20200915_103825.jpg

Murph

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
customer service
A few updates for today. Installed the Truxedo Pro X15 bed cover. Simple install, in hindsight i should have waited to install the bed rug until after the bed cover, as i had to peel back some areas of the bedrug to screw in some brackets, but all in all in looks great. Love the fitment and the low profile look.

Also, picked up some inserts from CupHolderHero off amazon. They are only 20 bucks and i think it adds a little pop to the interior without being over done. The fitment is great on them and there are inserts for everything in the kit, cupholders, trays, door pockets, even the underseat storage. The only thing lacking is I wish it included an insert for the pocket on top of the dash.

20200914_101822.jpg

20200914_101942.jpg

20200914_113930.jpg

20200914_113937.jpg

Murph

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
customer service
What?! I couldn't get a set from cupheolderhero just a couple weeks ago from their official site! Thanks for posting this. I really like the platform you built in the bed, that looks really solid!

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
What?! I couldn't get a set from cupheolderhero just a couple weeks ago from their official site! Thanks for posting this. I really like the platform you built in the bed, that looks really solid!
I got it off amazon with 2 day shipping so i would say check there.
The wood rack is probably overkill for how sturdy it is and picking up 2-3 sheets of plywood at a time depending on the project im working on, but i dont know how to do moderation.

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Exhaust installed. This is the exhaust that should have come factory. The dual rear exit looks far better in my opinion. Extremely simple install, less than 2 hours alone. Took longer to fiddle with the hangers and rotation of the pipes trying to line it up symetircal for the tips. There are a ton of videos already out there of the way it sounds so i didnt take one. It sounds great though. Very mild, a lot deeper tone. You can hear it if you really get on the gas, but it is extremely quiet if you are gentle or just cruising

20200919_131042.jpg

OP
OP
richmondjd11

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Decided it was too nice of a day to be cooped up inside so i went ahead and installed this bad boy. Love the way it looks on the blue

20200930_151611.jpg

lanceriley

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Farmer
Decided it was too nice of a day to be cooped up inside so i went ahead and installed this bad boy. Love the way it looks on the blue

20200930_151611.jpg
where did you get the 3 amber lights on the grill?
Sponsored