Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
So far I would say it's positive. Even though I had a 2001 prior, I consider this 23' my first Ford as the 01' was just a POS DD I didn't really care about, to get me to and from work lol. Apples and oranges I know but I'll be making a lot of VW references as that's what I know.

Positive:
Being able to order it pretty much the way I wanted was a big plus (more on this later) and the fact my particular dealer honored the ordered price and made the whole process smooth was real nice as I have only ever bought from the dealer I work for before. Truck runs great, a lot of power, being this is the biggest vehicle I ever owned the visibility is good, I personally don't have any blind spots during my commutes. Color is great and the paint work is really good for an OEM spray job. Interior is spacious, seats are comfy and everything is laid out really good IMO except the mirror switch ?, took me a minute to find it on my initial drive home as it's hidden behind the steering wheel lol. I'm used to it being on the door panel. Controls and functions are pretty easy to use (except Mykey ?) just a little different than what I'm used to. And a couple of my favorite positives, my Oakleys fit in the overhead bin and my Ipod works, and it works better than it did/does in my VW's ?. Forscan, waaaay easier than VAGcom.

Negative:
8 fricken month wait...ridiculous! As another poster put it, "beer can metal". The deformities in the sheet metal stampings are a little disappointing, but, this is a truck and will be used as such so I'm sure I'll do worse lol. The fact that some clips were not clipped and screws not tight. Surface rust on the suspension components although visually concerning, shouldn't be an issue. No heated seats or mirrors. Granted I could have opted for the package that includes it, but that would have given me other things I didn't want and make the truck more expensive. EVERY trim level on 99% of VW's have both. Now, we don't get a lot of really cold weather/ice that heated mirrors would be ideal in, but heated seats would have been nice, for my back ?. 1 touch up/down on all windows would have been nice.

And probably.... actually, definitely the biggest positive...

df5c7098832cd7370057e465b6d4faa9.jpeg

YOU GUYS!!!
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Glad you're (mostly) happy with it! I have my Ranger for 3-years now and still look forward to driving it.

To make you feel a little better I sell forklifts for a living, the lead time on some models is over 2-years! Covid shut downs killed it! And I don't get paid until the forklift is delivered!

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Negative:
touch up/down on all windows would have been nice.
I'd love this too!

YOU GUYS!!!
You're damn right! Do you want to check this out with me and figure out how to do the all-auto mod together on the internet?

It looks like the RedTek one that's really popular is back ordered right now.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Glad you're (mostly) happy with it! I have my Ranger for 3-years now and still look forward to driving it.

To make you feel a little better I sell forklifts for a living, the lead time on some models is over 2-years! Covid shut downs killed it! And I don't get paid until the forklift is delivered!
I too work for a Forklift dealer on the west coast and the sales guys and rental manager complains all the time about lead times.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Thanks for the review Morgan. Mine is a 2020 and absolutely love it. Great truck, fun to drive, hauls ass and is very comfortable.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

YOU GUYS!!!
Glad your happy with it Morgan! Just stop playing with all the buttons and you'll like it even more. ?

Just think, you could've bought a Tacoma and joined their forum.:shock:

1678905035810.png

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
So far I would say it's positive. Even though I had a 2001 prior, I consider this 23' my first Ford as the 01' was just a POS DD I didn't really care about, to get me to and from work lol. Apples and oranges I know but I'll be making a lot of VW references as that's what I know.

Positive:
Being able to order it pretty much the way I wanted was a big plus (more on this later) and the fact my particular dealer honored the ordered price and made the whole process smooth was real nice as I have only ever bought from the dealer I work for before. Truck runs great, a lot of power, being this is the biggest vehicle I ever owned the visibility is good, I personally don't have any blind spots during my commutes. Color is great and the paint work is really good for an OEM spray job. Interior is spacious, seats are comfy and everything is laid out really good IMO except the mirror switch ?, took me a minute to find it on my initial drive home as it's hidden behind the steering wheel lol. I'm used to it being on the door panel. Controls and functions are pretty easy to use (except Mykey ?) just a little different than what I'm used to. And a couple of my favorite positives, my Oakleys fit in the overhead bin and my Ipod works, and it works better than it did/does in my VW's ?. Forscan, waaaay easier than VAGcom.

Negative:
8 fricken month wait...ridiculous! As another poster put it, "beer can metal". The deformities in the sheet metal stampings are a little disappointing, but, this is a truck and will be used as such so I'm sure I'll do worse lol. The fact that some clips were not clipped and screws not tight. Surface rust on the suspension components although visually concerning, shouldn't be an issue. No heated seats or mirrors. Granted I could have opted for the package that includes it, but that would have given me other things I didn't want and make the truck more expensive. EVERY trim level on 99% of VW's have both. Now, we don't get a lot of really cold weather/ice that heated mirrors would be ideal in, but heated seats would have been nice, for my back ?. 1 touch up/down on all windows would have been nice.

df5c7098832cd7370057e465b6d4faa9.jpeg

YOU GUYS!!!
Just looked on VWs web site and they don't have a truck for the US market.
Not even the re-badged Ranger they sell everywhere else.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked on VWs web site and they don't have a truck for the US market.
Not even the re-badged Ranger they sell everywhere else.
Yes, the Amrock is sold everywhere else pretty much EXCEPT the US...stoopid "chicken tax" laws. I still probably would have bought a Ranger because VW wouldn't offer it the way I'd want it ?.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love this too!

You're damn right! Do you want to check this out with me and figure out how to do the all-auto mod together on the internet?

It looks like the RedTek one that's really popular is back ordered right now.
I've seen that and have watched a couple youtube videos on the install, seems pretty simple and straight forward. Hopefully they come off of BO soon.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Couple other positives I have come to love about this truck.

1. Remote start

Never been into fancy options on vehicles, always thought "just an expensive thing to fix when something goes wrong". And this is my first vehicle with remote start, and it works great, both with the FOB and Fordpass app. The FOB range is impressive as well. I haven't tested the limits, but I can pretty much start it as I walk out the door at work.

2. Volume knob

All my OCD comrades will probably relate ?. In my GTI (or any other newer VW I have had) the volume knob icon would rotate WITH the knob ?. I know others share the same frustration, as there are a few companies that make round stickers to cover the icon. I went a step further and just replaced the knob with the "tune" knob from a broken radio that was replaced under warranty lol. I don't know how many other manufacturers went the route of making sure the volume icon stays upright, but I commend Ford for this little detail :like: .

Bad manufacturer

Screenshot_20230321_180804_Chrome.jpg

Good manufacturer

20230321_175209.jpg
Sponsored