Must watch shows and movies

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Awesome’ I have a few TV series but mostly movies. I also use KODI on a Nvida Shield TV streamer connected to my network server, the Tiny Media Manager is just a scraper and catalog database that manages and prints a media book list. A Flirc works great with the Shield TV and a Harmony remote.
We are doing essentially the same thing. I use a myriad of tools such as Handbrake, MakeMKV, MKVToolNix, AvidDemux, and more. All running on Linux.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
so a movie called Trucks is on Tubi for free. Seems to be a knock off of Maximum Overdrive. Both based of Stephen Kings story. Maximum Overdrive of course was a cheesy masterpiece that any AC/DC fan needs to see and own. So far this Trucks is not impressing me. lacking in the soundtrack department for sure.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Probably already listed, but Band of Brothers!

There's also a Scottish sitcom on Netflix "Still Game" it's about pensioners who give one another crap constantly, it's so funny I bought a universal DVD player and the full 8 season box set since we canceled Netflix. If you watch it turn on the closed captioning for a few episodes so you can understand that Scottish drawl and slang. We named our female lab after the lead female in the series, her name is Isa and she's a nosey busy body just like our Lab.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Forgot one of the best Sc-Fi series on TV.

The Expanse.

The books are good too.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Watched Taxi with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifa last night at my brother’s. I laughed so hard I could barely breathe! Hilarious!

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
if you like Science Fiction ... Check out Babylon 5. cutting edge for its time and a really really great series. Stargate SG1 was 10 seasons of good TV. Both of these have new stuff in the works will be interesting to see

if you like British humor check out "coupling" it is hilarious until the last 3 or 4 shows you can skip those

On a more modern note "Wednesday" was Really well done IMHO

on a more ADULT theme Check out "LOST GIRL". I loved that one but be warned it would be rated TV-MA most likely

For movies I would be hard pressed to pick a real favorite. I have 6 or 700 of them and a crap ton of TV shows all Ripped to digital format and the DVDs put away in a dark cool place.