First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
Not one to watch many shows and movies but every now and then one will grab me. We were happy to find that Black Sails is finally available on VuDu for purchase and perhaps other vendors. Even if you don't have an interest in the golden age of piracy I think you'll be plenty entertained. Have see a few complaints so I will warn there's some sex and violence depicted in this series.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Black-Sails-Seasons-1-4-Bundle-/924421

What's something you consider a must watch?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
"Hear No Evil, See No Evil" (I believe that's the title), with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder. But only if you like to laugh because your stomach muscles will hurt! Older movie, but hilarious. Also, "The Survivors" with Robin Williams, Walter Matthau, & Jerry Reed. Might be dangerous to watch these two too close together. Very funny! :like:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Since most of us on this forum are Ford people or at least Ford owners, Ford vs Ferrari is a good one to see. Probably not 100% real but after all it is a movie. It is at least based on some real history. Leo Beebe is kind of the bad guy in the movie. I spent 28 years at Ford and I can say that he was pretty realistic to me. I have seen many like him. Some times we would have a PITA manager and some one would say they would be glad when he gets promoted or transferred. My answer was always Be careful what you wish for the next one could be worse. :)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I spent 28 years at Ford and I can say that he was pretty realistic to me. I have seen many like him. Some times we would have a PITA manager and some one would say they would be glad when he gets promoted or transferred. My answer was always Be careful what you wish for the next one could be worse. :)
That isn't specific to Ford, it happens at every big company. I've experienced it several times and it is absolutely true. The phrase "the devil you know is often times better than the devil you don't" comes to mind.

I really liked Ford vs Ferrari. I know some of it was "dramatized" but overall it was good I think.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I really liked Bosch on Prime. Best 45 min of program I've seen in a while. Try not to binge.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Lonesome Dove was on this weekend...one of the best westerns ever

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I Netflix'd Money Heist. That was actually pretty good. We binged watched when time allowed. We also watched The Platform, Freaks, 6 Underground, and Extraction

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The series "Firefly" and the ties-up-the loose-strings-after-the-series-ended movie "Serenity"

Another great TV show is Person Of Interest.

11 r150

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ranger 2018 focus eco 2012 fusion 2013 silverwing
Must see movie if you can find it is Gone in 60 seconds. The original, not the Nicolas Cage remake.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dr. Strangelove and Very Bad Things two favorites of mine

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Foreign film from Japan (subtitles) called "Departures" is an excellent movie, one of the best I've seen. Not on a streaming service, but very good for loss of loved ones & a good story about people, society & death. It's the only film I've seen in which all loose ends are tied up by the end of the story.

Also, "Snow Walker" is a great film. It's a compilation of Farley Mowat's short stories about the Arctic.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc