First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
And what the heck is this sway bar thing and why does it want to limit my articulation? What do you mean, roll-stiffness distribution?
As far as the sway bar thing goes, another person on the forum has developed a quick disconnect sway bar link to allow full articulation for off-roading. He has a thread on it.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I wanted the same things as you, and I did the Fox kit, not for lack of ability, but for lack of time to screw around with different parts. I went with sumosprings in the rear, but I can't get the old bumpstops to come out in order to get them in.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Still making changes...

1620052359317.png

1620052383314.png
Hi,

Yep...hope you are successful in your changes. Been there with folks that "knew" what to change...
Hope you have the raft of parts that the Shock Development folks have in their toolkit. Being part of the development...your layout is only a start for most of Ford's development as determined by our vehicle dynamic engineers...so do you have take apart shocks? If not, then how do you make changes that make a differenece.... Sorry...my BS indicator is in full BS mode...What are your credentials to make changes? Hope I am wrong but dismantling a shock offers a "so what"

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Interesting read. Nice back ground to have, growing up. I can see the farm boy and knowledge of motorcycles applied. I book marked this for some ideas and applications of the leaf springs.

For your average Member here don't think you can disassemble and reengineer suspension.
This is a black art and takes a lot of knowledge and previous trial and error.
Sponsored