Morimoto XB hyper flash signal

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Morning all! Need some assistance making sure i am troubleshooting properly.

2019 XLT 302A I just swapped in the Morimoto XB headlights last night. What a chore, but I only broke two tabs on the grille! Ran the DRL harness to fuse #19 and kept the sequential signals, and have DRL off on the truck's dash settings. I am having two issues with them, so truck is still in pieces.

1 - I am getting a hyper flash for the driver's (L) turn signal on the dash, lights flash fine outside. It is ONLY the driver's side; passenger does not do it. It also does not hyperflash for hazards. Sequential or standard flash does not make a difference. Thought I may have to reset the BCM?

I swapped the lights to opposite sides (L to R) and the hypeflash DID follow the light. At this point I assume an issue with the light itself? Any more troubleshooting ideas before I call Morimoto?

2- I do not have a start up sequence on any command. Unlock flashes the DRL amber, the first lens lights, and then it clicks off and just the DRL stays lit white. I am not a fan of sequences like that, so it's not a huge problem for me. Thoughts on a setting or something interrupting it?
Sponsored

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Morning all! Need some assistance making sure i am troubleshooting properly.

2019 XLT 302A I just swapped in the Morimoto XB headlights last night. What a chore, but I only broke two tabs on the grille! Ran the DRL harness to fuse #19 and kept the sequential signals, and have DRL off on the truck's dash settings. I am having two issues with them, so truck is still in pieces.

1 - I am getting a hyper flash for the driver's (L) turn signal on the dash, lights flash fine outside. It is ONLY the driver's side; passenger does not do it. It also does not hyperflash for hazards. Sequential or standard flash does not make a difference. Thought I may have to reset the BCM?

I swapped the lights to opposite sides (L to R) and the hypeflash DID follow the light. At this point I assume an issue with the light itself? Any more troubleshooting ideas before I call Morimoto?

2- I do not have a start up sequence on any command. Unlock flashes the DRL amber, the first lens lights, and then it clicks off and just the DRL stays lit white. I am not a fan of sequences like that, so it's not a huge problem for me. Thoughts on a setting or something interrupting it?
I had LED turn signals before getting the Morimoto XB headlights. I turned off the hyper flash using Forscan.

As for the start up sequence, only works when you start the engine.

OP
OP
Ranger8729

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Morimoto got back to me Thurs, and after a half hour phone call and circuit testing, the signal circuit in the Headlight was bad. We believe a capacitor wasn't pulling proper current. A new unit was overnighted and immediately stopped the hyperflash when installed. All functions work properly!

Now to find a level spot to align them...
Sponsored