Missing my Ranger already

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
It's only been two days since I took my Ranger to the body shop. (remember the PYT thread) My rental is a 2021 Colorado. I never test drove a Colorado when looking to buy the Ranger. I am glad I didn't waste my time. However it actually rides better than the Ranger before the Eibach shock upgrade. The power is ok, but you have to give it a lot of pedal to get it. The overall throttle response on light acceleration is not great, you have to press down quite a way to get it moving. It's got a decent display screen for the trim level. You can't adjust the volume by the steering wheel though. I really hate the foot operated emergency brake. The shifter is awkward. There is a +/- on the shifter lever that I have no idea what is for. The features just aren't that appealing to me. The sun visor seems kinda flimsy and doesn't came back in the side position enough to block the sun from hitting the side of my face. I can't fit my favorite water bottle in the cup holder. But the interior is quiet and fairly comfortable. For some reason the back up parking assist and proximity warning is intermittent. It's a 2WD and so far the computer says I am averaging about 28MPG.
This would have been my go to choice if the Ranger 5G didn't exist, because it is much more appealing than a Taco.
I had a similar experience earlier this year. My Ranger was in the shop for about two weeks getting repaired. My loaner vehicle was a newer model Nissan Frontier. Let me tell you what a miserable experience that was. Damn thing rode like a cinder block. I had never been so happy to drive my Ranger after I returned that shit bucket. I drove my Ranger around for the rest of the day after that…loving every second of it and being thankful for what I get to drive everyday.
Sponsored

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
My former Frontier was really tire and tire pressure sensitive when it came to ride quality. Factory tires were harsh and noisy at spec tire pressure. Goodyear AT's were much quieter and better ride.
Still prefer the Ranger if for no other reason I don't need an empty parking lot to turn it around.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Finally got my Ranger back today. The shop did a great job fixing the paint damage.
I immediately noticed a return in throttle response and ride comfort. Yes the Colorado rode nice, but I realized on the way home (about 2/3 hilly, curvy, bumpy backroads) the 'rado was just a shade stiffer than the Eibachs. I prefer the well tuned and comfortable Eibachs.
So nice to be back in my ride!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I test drove a Z71 as well. Wasn't as happy with the driving position and the interior (2019) wasn't all that well thought out. Didn't like the parking brake either - same complaints I (and the wife) had about the Ridgeline. The Honda had a cool bed and I liked the AWD handling..

The power and interior won us over on the Ranger.
Sponsored