RangerBill
Well-Known Member
Make sure that you didn't make it too tight as that will wear out the rear pads quickly and reduce gas mileage and is hard on the rotors.I ended up buying a deep 10mm socket at Home Depot today and giving it a try. It was so much looser than it was supposed to be. Honestly I had to crank the thing to the max just to get it a little tight. After a lot of trial and error (I was testing the force applied with a fishing scale….) happy to report a great improvement. Roads that were clatter city now make just a small noise when I hit a bump instead of loud rhythmic clattering while driving over an uneven surface.
Did you check the tightness of the rear shock absorber hardware? Some here have reported this to be the issue that you are describing.
Another issue has been missing or mis-installed brake pad anti-rattle hardware.
Sponsored