First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Grey Ford Ranger XLT, FX4
Occupation
Metalworker
About a month or so ago I picked up the Melipron universal pickup bed rack, as it claims to have similar functionality to the comparable Yakima setup, and is under half the price, and doesn’t have a bunch of logos emblazoned across it. It cost $560 on Amazon and delivered to North Pole, AK in a little under 2 weeks. I was busy getting married and dealing with all the responsibilities and duties that come with that, so it sat in the garage until this Sunday. I woke up early and got to work on building it. It was packed pretty well, and came with everything I needed to put it together. The instructions weren’t written in the best English, but were completely understandable, and fairly easy to follow. The assembly wasn’t particularly complex, but a few of the screws were too long, and interfered with the rails sliding into place, causing me to remove them entirely, as they just served to keep a bracket from falling until you got the load bearing screws installed. All in all, it took me about 3 hours from opening the box to having the rack fully assembled and installed. The clamping system initially seemed flimsy, but once I got the cross bars installed it became rock solid. There was one damaged piece, which I included a picture of, but it is only cosmetic, and I was able to put it in a place where it is virtually invisible. It may speak as to the QC at Melipron however, as others have mentioned similar issues in the Amazon reviews. (Though to Melipron’s credit, all the people who contacted them about it received a replacement part free of charge). Later on Sunday I purchased a rooftop tent off of Facebook marketplace and installed it atop the rack. It would only attach with the rack at the most collapsed lengthwise position. (Did I mention the included T-Slot bars are adjustable? If you have a longer bed you can attach even more Rotopacks or multiple sets of recovery boards to maximize that overland bro experience!) After everything was seated and tightened it seems like it will withstand even the bumpiest of roads with no issues. I intend to make a 3.5 hour trip down south with my 80 lb kayak atop the 145 lb tent on the 4th, so I’ll update you then. As for now, I must say that for the price, this seems like a fantastic rack, and I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase it again.
IMG_5855.jpeg
IMG_5856.jpeg
IMG_5860.jpeg
IMG_5859.jpeg
IMG_5861.jpeg
Edit: here is the link Melipron Rack
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheNorseman

TheNorseman

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Grey Ford Ranger XLT, FX4
Occupation
Metalworker
Update: went camping over the weekend, 400 or so miles round trip. Had about 220 lbs of weight on the rack and experienced no issues. I found a little 4 wheeler trail and decided to test my luck, and drove a little ways up a ravine on it, getting thrown around in the truck all the way. The rack stayed rock solid, and everything on top stayed secure. I’m very impressed!
IMG_5951.jpeg

Squished3168

First Name
Burke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
Occupation
brand consultant
Hi TheNorseman,

My name is Simon, and I am part of the Melipron team, serving as the Melipron Evangelist. First and foremost, I would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your kind support and promotion of Melipron on the ranger5g forum. We were thrilled to discover your post highlighting our brand, and we truly appreciate your efforts in spreading the word about our products and services.

As a token of our appreciation, we would love to send you a small gift as a gesture of thanks for being such a valuable advocate for our brand. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need further information.
(You can leave a message on our website: www.melipron.com, or send an email directly to: [email protected]

Once again, thank you for being a part of the Melipron community and for contributing to our growth. We look forward to your positive response and to further strengthening our collaboration.

Best regards,

Simon
Melipron Evangelist

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Squished3168

First Name
Burke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
Occupation
brand consultant
IMG_4687.jpeg

I hope Simon @Squished3168 is following this thread.
Yes, I followed this thread, if you also have one of our truck bed racks, and you can post to share your feelings. We'll also send you Melipron gifts, kits or accessories for pickups. If Morgan Fairchild is your wife, we wouldn't mind giving away two sets of gifts. Please contact our official website to get them.
Sponsored