LTX M/S vs. T/A K02

Lron58

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 lariat
I’m struggling to decide which tire to get my 2019 Ranger. It’s 4WD, and has the towing package, so I’ll be doing a bit of off-roading, towing, and hauling. I also work in a city outside of where I live, so I’m on the highway a lot. I live in Southern Indiana, so we get pretty severe weather—lots of flooding, snowstorms, ice storms, etc.

I’m sort of stuck since both tires are similarly priced, similar overall, but do best in different settings. I am nervous I’ll drop in fuel economy if I get the K02s though.

Which tire has proven to be the most reliable, all around best tire for your Ranger?
I've had both on F150s. If you plan on being on dirt roads or any type of off-roading then the KO2s are the better tire. They are not loud on the road but won't be as quiet as the LTXs and you're likely to lose some MPG with the KO2s. The LTXs are arguably the best on-road truck tire. I loved mine and got almost 70,000 miles out of them. The best advice I have is to be honest with yourself:
1. Are you really going on dirt roads or off-roading at all?
2. If you're really almost exclusively driving on payment, then are you ok with losing some MPG for the more aggressive look?
3. Or do you really crave the quiet, better MPG, and longer life?

Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored

Lron58

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 lariat
What you need to do is ask yourself if you're going to be off road quite a bit or not so much. If you are going to go off-road where are you planning to go? Oh and don't say Forest roads because those can go anywhere from very mild to wicked crazy real quick. That's going to determine whether you are going to get a good altering or not. Also look at tire weights. That will put a big impact in the fuel usage
On my 2014 F150 I went from 15-16 with LTXs to 13-14 with KO2s. I have to admit I did get bigger KO2s including changing from 18 to 20" rims (LTX A/S-P265/60 R18 vs. KO2,-275/65R20.)

1680543006030.png