Bfgoodrich k02

Danger Ranger 09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford ranger
I have seen some post about bad rock chips on paint and was wondering if anyone that had k02s could tell me if they throw rocks bad. I would just get the stock size so no offset.
Sponsored

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have not experienced any significant rock throwing. I am taller and a tad narrower
255/70/18 (32 by 10) than stock

J_D

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I have seen some post about bad rock chips on paint and was wondering if anyone that had k02s could tell me if they throw rocks bad. I would just get the stock size so no offset.
I'm sure if you drive on gravel roads the K02's will throw heavier rocks at your rockers.
I have 265/75/16 K02's on the stock 16x7 wheels and haven't noticed any rocker damage but I only drive on paved roads.

OKRaptor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2019 Acura RDX and a 2007 Mazda Miata w/turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Had them on my Raptor and yes, they throw rocks. Pretty much any off-road tire with aggressive tread will pick up and throw rocks to some degree.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
It also hugely depends on your offset too. If the tire is completely within the wheel well, I doubt you'll notice any difference. Plus, it's not a K02 only problem. Any aggressive A/T tire will throw more rocks. A clear wrap can help prevent rock chips if you are worried.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
If somebody tells you they don't throw rocks.... they aren't driving on small rocks / gravel / unpaved roads.

They throw rocks like crazy. I upgraded to them on my Tacoma and the place I worked at had road base / gravel in the parking lot. Once I got off the lot and driving down the road it sounded like I was getting shot at. It's not "big rocks" that get stuck in them, it's smaller rocks.

Luckily the Tacoma had those Toyota factory stock huge-ass mudflaps.

They also provided a harsher ride and I had to rotate them every 3,000 miles to keep them from droning on the highway. They would let you know when they needed rotated.

I will say they are great in the snow though.... best tires I've ever owned for snow.

I remember fondly the day I got rid of them and replaced them with Dynapro ATM's. The harsh ride issues went away, and I changed back to 5,000 mile rotation intervals.
Sponsored

Last edited: