Loving the RTR grill!

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Damn! That looks sick! What are you going to do with the old RTR badge?
I’m going to mount it on the lower grille mesh, just below the driver side Rigid light pod. Almost the exact same location as the engraved RTR logo, but on the mesh instead of the bar.
Sponsored

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
So looking for something different, I went with the RTR grille. However, before I installed it I sent it over to Condello Customs in Phoenix to paint the center bar Magnetic to match the rest of the truck. Finally got it installed today and I think it turned out awesome.

9F37AC1B-8D26-41AC-AB9E-1ED5DB65E6B7.jpeg

31F0F580-D377-422A-84D8-731D78218F64.jpeg

03EC9909-FE4B-4045-B48B-00B7877049FE.jpeg
The Magnetic colored center bar looks great!

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Magnetic colored center bar looks great!
I actually have the factory bezel in magnetic. I struggled deciding which bezel to use - the new Absolute Black I had paint-matched, or the original Magnetic Gray one. In the end I stayed all black.

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Does anyone have their RTR emblem available that they didn't use on their grille? I am looking to paint mine but would like a backup in case it doesn't go as planned. Thanks!

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does anyone have their RTR emblem available that they didn't use on their grille? I am looking to paint mine but would like a backup in case it doesn't go as planned. Thanks!
Good luck! I have been looking to get two extra for the side vents that I bought since they don't come with them - RTR will not even sell them

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck! I have been looking to get two extra for the side vents that I bought since they don't come with them - RTR will not even sell them
You are correct I think, they do not want to sell them. I assume they save those for the grilles and for the RTR Ranger builds. You can buy their vents without the logo only.

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
You are correct I think, they do not want to sell them. I assume they save those for the grilles and for the RTR Ranger builds. You can buy their vents without the logo only.
Ya, its frustrating - i know some people don't mind not having the RTR in the vent, but i think it adds a nice touch - but yes, they only have the badges for RTR Rangers built from the dealer - Ill just have to figure something else out as I feel it's empty with out it.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
After reading through this thread I'm giving it a bump to say that if I were interested in dramatically modifying the exterior of my truck this grill would be my choice over the Raptor style.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya, its frustrating - i know some people don't mind not having the RTR in the vent, but i think it adds a nice touch - but yes, they only have the badges for RTR Rangers built from the dealer - Ill just have to figure something else out as I feel it's empty with out it.
I’d say 3D printer, but most 3D plastic cannot handle the heat and UV from direct sunlight.

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I’d say 3D printer, but most 3D plastic cannot handle the heat and UV from direct sunlight.
That was my initial thought - I might just have to leave it blank - having someone make something out of metal would be too expensive.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After reading through this thread I'm giving it a bump to say that if I were interested in dramatically modifying the exterior of my truck this grill would be my choice over the Raptor style.
John, I’m glad to hear you say that. I know lots of people like the faux-Raptor grille. I owned a Raptor for 7 years, so I would have a difficult time putting it on a Ranger. The other factor is that too many people have installed the FORD grille, so it’s not unique. I try not to be a follower.

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
John, I’m glad to hear you say that. I know lots of people like the faux-Raptor grille. I owned a Raptor for 7 years, so I would have a difficult time putting it on a Ranger. The other factor is that too many people have installed the FORD grille, so it’s not unique. I try not to be a follower.
Exactly why I picked the RTR

NVHoonigan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Exactly why I picked the RTR
Same here, the first few months after I bought my truck it was unique enough just to be a stock Ranger on the road but the next couple Rangers I saw in town had the raptor grille and it just seemed less unique.

I have also been a fan of RTR since their owner Vaughn Gittin Jr. started drifting and the early days of the company when they were just designing Mustangs so seeing the LED element really made it an easy choice.
Sponsored