Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
i was taking an on-ramp today preparing to merge into high speed traffic.
the merge lane is about 300 meters and I was behind soccer mom in her dodge van.
i suspected she might be hesitant to merge quickly based on her speed through the on ramp.
so my plan was to scoot by her on the right and merge ahead of her as she made her way into the live lane.
i mashed that go fast pedal and felt the turbo spool up, and consequently my acceleration started to climb. whoa, hold on tight.
but my plan fell apart. she merged ahead of me by two cars.
the little ranger is quick, but most of you are on drugs thinking its fast.
While I agree. Every minivan on the road has some magical way of making infinite horsepower. If you got passed by one, you might want to sell your truck.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to start a thread about the awesome powertrain that the Ranger has - I just love being able to punch it and being thrown back in my seat by this truck. I did it today and brought a smile to my face. The transmission works so well with the 2.3 turbo charge engine.
I could not agree more. The combination of turbo-charged 2.3 (funny how hardly anybody uses the term "eco-boost" anymore....) and the automatic ten-speed trans really rips, and does it so calmly that you really have no idea how fast you are going until you check the speedometer! It is a whole lot of fun to drive, especially in Sport mode. Hard to imagine that it could get much better, but we are getting the Ford Performance Power Pack tune flashed on Friday, which should make driving the Ranger even more fun....